I did turn on some Christmas music yesterday. I still haven't gotten Thanksgiving decorations down yet. Maybe this weekend.
So, I am going to wean myself from Facebook. I have a fear of not knowing anything about any family event, gathering, etc. I suppose I have known too much about too many people and I am going to go back to not knowing much. I usually try not to post personal stuff or share too much or vent my frustrations. I think I've done an OK job. But today, I vented about family movie night and kids running around, namely MINE. A friend of mine was then apologizing later because her son was running around. I did NOT intend to offend or make someone else feel bad. It was my kids who were getting their heads and hands in front of the projector. It was Fischer who was running around in circles. I still feel bad I said what I said, which was only in a comment, not a status update that I have since deleted, but I am not confident it really deletes it. So, I am done.
I tried to delete the app off my phone, but couldn't figure it out. So, I just moved out of view, cleared all the data, cache, etc. I am wondering if getting myself off Facebook could be compared to getting a kid off a bottle or binky. My experience with those was super easy. So, I am hoping the same. Do I sound like an addict? Well, I am going to not be an addict. I am done.
I have so many better things to do with my time. I have a new cricut!!! I haven't used it much because the room is a little out of sorts and needs to be organized. I didn't do dishes last night, so now there's 2.5 loads at least, instead of 1.5. There are clothes to be put away - I hate doing that. I also hate scrounging through clothes in the morning. So, I am not sure how that works. Such is life - laundry and dishes - dishes and laundry. And poopy diapers.
On a brighter note, we had a great Thanksgiving. We stayed home. We didn't have anyone over, we didn't go anywhere. It was nice and relaxing. We put the turkey on the smoker about 8:45am or so. I didn't have to rush anything. It was great. The boys got to stay in their footie pajamas all day and they loved it. We didn't eat until about 4pm. We ate. We tried to get the boys to tell us what they are thankful for. I think they would have rather been sitting in a dentist chair. So, that's nice.
Neil left about 5pm Thursday night to head up to Tri-cities to Best Buy for black Friday, which was completely out of control this year, by the way. He did get the tablet he wanted, but struck out on a TV for the boys' room. He did grab one from Walmart, but when we plugged it in, no sound. So, back to Walmart it went. Bummer. The boys' current TV speakers are going out and it's obnoxious. Luckily, the boys have several fantastic grandparents and Grandpa Livingston was able to pick up a sale at his Walmart. Now, we just need to figure out when we'll get it.
Saturday was Neil's birthday. His day was completely overshadowed by other events. He held up really well, considering. We had some friends of ours decide to be baptized and the date was set for the 26th. Neil performed the baptisms - father, mother, son. The other two kids aren't old enough yet. We've been friends with this family for a couple of years. It's very awesome to see them open up to the blessings of our Heavenly Father will give. We had everyone over to our house afterwards for dinner. The missionaries didn't have dinner planned, so that was cool. We had ice cream cake - YUM. Neil's favorite birthday cake wasn't going to be enough for everyone, so we didn't have cake for his birthday on Saturday.
Sunday, we had to speak in church. We found out that the mission president and his wife were going to be there, so we didn't have to speak for as long. It was a good meeting. Neil did the three confirmations/blessings, sang in the choir and spoke. Busy dude. Many people commented on the blessings; they were good. It was pretty cool to have the mission president and his wife there.
Sunday, I made Neil's birthday cake. I made turkey noodle soup. It was a good day. Our friend George Diesel (not sure how he got that nickname) planned a birthday ambush Sunday night, so a couple others came over - not everyone that George wanted to, but it was a good gesture. He brought a huge cake he made, along with a pumpkin cake that I ate majority of for my mid-morning snack at work Monday. That might have made up a little bit for the fact that he had to give up his birthday to give the day to our friends or that other family members didn't remember his birthday either. He did get to order a new recliner for his birthday; it's just not here yet. We didn't order it from our normal store from our normal salesman (yeah, since we've moved to Oregon four years ago, all furniture has come from one store, from Eric, OUR salesman). Another store had a preferred chair. They didn't however order it the day we put it on layaway otherwise we'd be picking it up tomorrow instead of next week. Karma says don't leave your normal salesman.
So, I just lost the train of thought to my rambling, so I guess that's THE END for tonight. Yep, just like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment