It's always awesome to wake up at 0'dark:thrity to hear the squeals of small children's delight in seeing what Santa brought. Santa brought a few gifts for the stockings - aluma-wallets and laser pointer key chains, along with some candy. He brought Fischer a Power Rangers set knowing that Fischer wasn't going to play much with the family's gift - XBox. The boys were very excited with the gift(s). They had requested this game called Skylanders, which we had never heard of. But, Santa came through, as he always does. The boys have been playing it pretty much non-stop.
It's such a hard thing - Christmas. It's so awesome that so many scrooges come out of their mansions and have a change of heart. What other holiday does that? It's too bad we can't keep that change of heart alive for more months of the year. It's so hard to not want to spoil children with everything on their list. I love watching kids open up gifts; it's so fun. It's fun to see their eyes light up and hear the excitement in the voices. The boys loved what they got. They loved the remote control tonka car/truck devices from Grandma with the puppies. They loved what Santa brought and I was so relieved that they didn't break out their list and check off all the things they didn't get.
Unfortunately, they are brothers and they turn to fighting quite rapidly. I think they made it through Christmas day w/out much squabble, but yesterday and today have been less than perfect. But, let's not dwell on that today; I already took some Tylenol-look-a-like to make my headache go away.
But, all in all, we had a good Christmas and a great prime rib dinner. I loved that I had everything in the living room cleaned up by 6:30am. The boys were threatened not to come out of their room until 6am. It worked. They did wake up somewhere around 5am. Their room, of course, shares a wall with ours. They were pretty quiet for a while. Then, I hear one of them say, "It's 5:46, only 14 more minutes!!" Not only cute, but smart as well. That school thing does seem to be paying off. :-) I got up to go to the bathroom right before 6am, but their clock is about two minutes faster than ours, so Neil had to make them wait on my bed for about 30 seconds. Can't go down without mama! They had fun. Neil and I had decided early on that our Christmas/Anniversary would consist of Las Vegas in January! So, we asked Santa to bring only a family gift. It was nice.
Had I not forgotten the camera on my trip downstairs a few minutes ago, I would be posting some pictures. The classic Christmas pictures of dark in the background with too much flash. I am such an awesome photographer - not! I'll get them up somewhere, sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment