Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

O Christmas Tree

Posted by tina at 12/11/2011 08:05:00 PM

I felt like we got a late start to Christmas decorations this year and because of that late start, I am not really feeling like putting up all the village houses.  We'll see.  The boys really want to do them.

We did get our Christmas tree up on Saturday.  After I went into work at 5:30am to rebuke the grave shift for spreading rumors and being mean to each other, I came home, cooked breakfast, got Paden to basketball practice, then we finally went to get a tree.  We just bought one from the local firefighters.  We did kind of want to go cut one, but that seemed like a big production to me and the guy that we thought we could go with went earlier in the month and we didn't join him.  

For the last several years, we have had a pre-lit fake tree.  It was a $20 special and it has served well.  I am not sure when I decided to get a real one, but I guess I did.  It smells so awesome.  It looks very nice.  It might be a while before I go back to fake.  There are some definite benefits to fake trees, but you really can't beat the real tree smell.  The one we found has great shape and fullness.
We had to run into town to get more lights, but it's done!

The boys loved decorating it and the rest of the living room.  It is totally true that they love it so much more and it's worth it to let them do it.  I think my laptop battery is going to die soon, so I'll just post a picture of the tree and be done for the night.   We are trying to get the boys back off movies on school nights, so Fischer is in there yelling something for me to do for him.  I wonder how long they will be awake.  Neil reads to them instead.  Paden sometimes falls asleep, sometimes not.  I think they are all awake in there trying to not sleep and make a point that they NEED a movie on.  Not gonna work, people.  Not gonna work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2011 (33)
      • ▼  December (7)
        • Christmas Joys
        • I suppose . . .
        • O Christmas Tree
        • Well, this week is over . . .
        • Parenting 101
        • Tempted, but held strong
        • So, it's December 1st
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top