Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Well, this week is over . . .

Posted by tina at 12/08/2011 09:23:00 PM

I realize that today is only Thursday.  But, our school week is over and that's what I go by.  I still have to work on Fridays, but everything happens Monday through Thursday, leaving Friday free for the most part.  I plan on a scrap date Friday night, but I have quite a bit of cleaning to do in there first.  We'll see how that goes.


We had a busy week.  Monday night Paden had basketball practice - not really much else.  We did watch a quick Mormon Message for a quick Family Home Evening.  My feeble attempt at trying to get the boys to understand the world doesn't revolve around them and what they want for Christmas.  Only time will tell if they were actually listening.


Tuesday night, I was supposed to have a soccer board meeting and Neil had City Council.  So, I had previously arranged a babysitter.  Then the soccer meeting got postponed due to many folks having parent-teacher conferences at the HS.  So, then I was able to attend the Relief Society Activity - Sweet and Savory Fondue night!  Yummy, yummy fondue and Christmas stories.  Everyone was invited to bring their favorite story that they read at Christmastime - their traditions.  Because I wasn't planning on attending, I hadnt' really thought about it.  On Monday night, we did take some cookies to a friend for his birthday (forgot that earlier).  So, as we were driving home, the boys were oodling over the Christmas lights on the houses.  They were multi-colored and all chaotic on the houses and trees.  I like single-color lights that are straight along roof lines, but that's just me.  The boys were begging us to put up multi-color lights and lots of them.  We informed them that when they got their own houses, they could do lights however they wish.  Paden then piped up and said that when he got his own house, he was getting the tree story.  Ah, the tree story. I had forgotten.  We do have a tradition at our house.  Neil had gotten the tree story while on his mission.  We've been reading it with the boys for their entire lives (well, as long as we all can remember anyway).  So, I was able to dig out the tree story from the attic decorations and take it to share.  I'll post it sometime . . . it's a tear jerker for me every time.


Wednesday night, we had to be at the Senior Center, as Paden was singing with the second graders (that's how his 1st/2nd blend class works, they are counted as 2nd graders for everything) at the Boardman Tree Lighting Ceremony.  They sang up on the housetop. I'll have to post it - haven't watched it yet, so I am not sure how well the phone video/camcorder did.  It was pretty cute. They sang Up on the Housetop with hand motions.  Paden loves to sing, dance and play instruments.  I love it.  Luckily for us, they were first in line to sit on Santa's lap.  Gunnar wasn't sure that he was going to sit on Santa's lap, he said, "I am 9 years old, after all".  Yeah, he did anyway.  Gunnar told Santa he would like a PlayStation 3 with Skylanders.  Paden told him he would like any tools and something else.  Fischer told him he wants Power Rangers.

  

Santa had triple bypass surgery earlier this year, he's lost quite a bit of weight. :)  We know him; we go to church with him.  We were also supposed to sign Gunnar up for basketball, but I forgot that.  Luckily our babysitter is the person who does the registration, so we'll be OK.  Neil and Gunnar went to watch the HS boys b-ball team when we got home from the tree lighting.  End Wednesday.

Then to today . . . I woke up (well, yesterday too, but today was worse) with stuffy sinus yuck. Lovely.  The boys had their Winter Concert at school.  The City's Christmas dinner was tonight.  Neil and I had to split up - he went to eat prime rib while I I went to watch the boys.  Fischer did pretty well, but was a little less than excited about it.  The concert was pretty good.  They did a little bit extra that was nice - carolers and some reading parts about gifts and other holidays celebrated in December mixed in between the classes.  It's just a chaotic zoo getting out of there and there's no parking.  

Also accomplished this week . . . Christmas Cards/Letters!  So, I ordered some on Shutterfly.com - quick, easy and inexpensive.  I didn't want to go overboard, since I've not sent Christmas cards for . . . well forever.  I really only ordered enough for some family - first 25 people I could think of - sorry, I am just that cheap.  I was thinking last night that I could scan the one I got and send it out electronically to friends and extending family who didn't make the top 25.  So, that's what I did.  If you haven't received an email from me, then you can feel free to let me know and I can add you (or let you know if you made the top 25 list).  Does that sound wrong to have a top 25 list?  Well, it's really in no particular order, except grandparents on the top. :)  It's not meant to be offensive, but it was 25 cards or 50 and I don't think I could come up with 50 names/addresses and I didn't need 24 leftover cards.  So, hence the list . . . anyway, those will be in the mail tomorrow.  It was too cold today to leave my office to go get stamps.

And although the week isn't over, it's close enough.  Tomorrow, just work for me and hanging around the house for the boys. I am sure they are super, duper excited to spend the day in their footie pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2011 (33)
      • ▼  December (7)
        • Christmas Joys
        • I suppose . . .
        • O Christmas Tree
        • Well, this week is over . . .
        • Parenting 101
        • Tempted, but held strong
        • So, it's December 1st
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top