Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

And that would explain it

Posted by tina at 11/15/2011 08:17:00 PM


I keep forgetting to put my good Mary Kay 3 in 1 cleanser back into the shower . . . that would explain why my skin isn't fabulous this last week.

This touch/mouse pad on this laptop is hypersensitive . . . that would explain why I normally have a wireless mouse plugged in and am super annoyed by my screen zooming and shrinking when I don't wan it to - so annoyed!

Oh yeah, I have been awake since 2am with listening to and helping family members puke . . . that would explain why my eyes are about to close and therefore there will be no washing of any dishes, no cleaning of clutter piles, nor no vacuuming of any carpets tonight.

Oh yeah, I fell out of bed last night . . . that would explain why my shoulder blade feels bruised.

Last night around 9pm when I got home from Columbia Youth Soccer Club Board meeting, Neil wasn't feeling well.  He had eaten Taco Bell earlier in the day and thought that meal was causing issues.  I stay up late typing up minutes from aforementioned meeting - like 11:30pm - late for me.

At approximately 2:09am, Neil wakes up and states he's not feeling well, he's not sure if he'll be puking or something else.  He politely requested that if he did puke I could bring him a large glass of water.  After a few minutes, I am up and getting a glass of water from downstairs.

I'll spare the details.  He returned to bed and proceeded to watch TV as he was now wide awake.  I really don't mind, I usually fall asleep to TV.  For some reason, I was having trouble falling back asleep. 

Around 4:09am, I hear Fischer crying.  He didn't stop.  I went to get him to have him lay down with me.  He snuggled down.  A few minutes later he was rolling around crying.  I knew he was next with the puke.  So, I am on the outside of the bed, closest to the door.  He's next to me on the inside.  I grab him and try to roll over so I could get out of bed.  Next thing I know, I am somewhat sliding out and plopping down on the floor with Fischer on top of me, along with his puke on my shoulder.  We get to the bathroom. He doesn't have any more puke. He's crying and wants me to pick him up.  I need a new shirt.  So, I get him to calm down and we go back to my room.  I change his shirt.  I change my shirt.  We lay back down.  Some while later - it was still dark out - again he has to throw up.  Again, I try to get him to the bathroom.  Again, he pukes on my shoulder - same spot as last time.  I did not take a mulligan on the falling out of bed, however.  That was the highlight.  Only one episode of falling, which is always nice.  So, we repeat most of the first scenario again.  By this time, Neil is up in our bathroom again.  Paden is awake and getting his little net book computer out of hiding.  It's about 5:30am.  Fischer is feeling better and demanded his Angry Birds time.  So, on comes Disney, Jr channel and we are up.  Guess what else, I had a 3.5 hour meeting in Kennewick this afternoon and had to drive home in the almost dark, which isn't really my favorite past time.  The room was hot and making us all delirious.

Neil stayed home from work, which he never does.  Fischer went to the sitter.  I am pretty sure I've never told her about my blog, so my secret of sending my sick kid to the sitter is safe.  In reality, he was fine.  He had no fever and he felt fine after the second episode.  He was starting to cry at the thought of NOT getting to go to the babysitter's house. 


I know I am an awesome parent because last week I also sent Gunnar to school following his puke episode from his top bunk.  He had a speaking part in the Veteran's Day Assembly and his grandparents were driving nearly three hours to see it.  A little puke never stopped no one.  Well . . . OK, maybe that is one thing that does usually stop people from proceeding with normal life activities.  He was fine.  He did awesome at the assembly.  It was fantastic.  I did leave when the mayor started speaking - other meeting to get to - really. :-)


Anyway . . . I should have been in bed already.  However, the aforementioned sitter has requested relentlessly for a "face shot" of Fischer for a project they are doing.  I keep forgetting.  So, I sat down to print a picture, finally.  But, then felt the burning desire to share with all three of you devoted readers out there the reason why I AM SO STINKING TIRED RIGHT NOW!!!

1 comment:

Khea said...

Ummm... all i can say is WOW. You are intense! I hope everyone is feeling better!

7:08 PM, November 16, 2011

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ▼  November (2)
        • And that would explain it
        • {Insert Blog Title Here}
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top