Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

12 (TWELVE) CENT INCREASE!!!!

Posted by tina at 3/05/2008 08:20:00 PM
NO JOKE! This morning, Neil bought gas at the local station for $3.25/gallon at 11:33am. At 5:51pm on our way home from our walk, the SAME gas station was selling gas for $3.37/gallon.


IS THAT NOT RIDICULOUS???!!!. I heard from someone today who heard from who knows where that gas prices will be up OVER $4 - FOUR DOLLARS - a gallon by the end of this month (which is spring break for us). That is so crazy to me. I know that other parts of the country have experienced really high gas prices over the last couple of years, but the Pacific Northwest seemed to keep relatively steady. But, now we are being hit too. It's just REALLY irritating that prices are skyrocketing!


Lessons learned - buy gas early in the morning, heed the prophet's voice when he says have your food storage and emergency prep kits and be more frugal.



On another note, while I am here, I would like to make a note the my darling boys have slept in their own beds without waking up in the middle of the night to sneak in to "snuggle with mama" for THREE nights in a row - yep THREE CONSECUTIVE! I hope I did not just jinx it, but boy it's been great! They fell asleep on the couch tonight while watching a movie while I was at my Enrichment Board meeting.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I am the Home, Family and Personal Enrichment Leader. I had high hopes for serving in the Young Women's program, but I guess that's not where I need to be. So, I had my first planning meeting today, which went well. We have a small ward, so it's not too much work to plan when you can expect 10-12 at activities and 30 tops at the bigger Enrichment meetings.



I suppose that is enough random rambling for now. Except one last thing . . . I did finally think of something that is extra special about me for the Self-portrait Tuesday, but I am pretty much too lazy right now to get a picture of it. I did like Lelly's post and I could have thought of that, as I too have hazel eyes, but I then recalled that I have a bump on my ear that is a little hard to describe and I don't know how noticeable it is or would be on a picture. I do remember my grandma telling me that I was special because of it and she always thought it was a cute bump. i tend to forget it's there really. If you haven't read Jane's SPT, it's hilarious and should check it out.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hey, I'm on the home and family personal enrichment board in our ward as well. Ha Ha. I hope your boys continue sleeping in there own beds because you deserve a break. Even though it's too cute they say they need to come in and cuddle with mama.I love it!

6:09 AM, March 06, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ▼  March (9)
        • 2:30am, are you kidding me?
        • SPT
        • Sunday Thoughts
        • no more dog hair
        • Q: Can a 5-year old flush the toilet?
        • updated pictures
        • Self-Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday again!
        • Copy that!
        • 12 (TWELVE) CENT INCREASE!!!!
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top