A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old eat ONE meal, just ONE, without eating like a wild animal?
A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old dry himself off after a shower or bath?
A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old remember to be quiet when younger sibling is sleeping?
A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old sit still?
A: no, definitely not
Q: Can a 5-year old not torture a loving dog?
A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old come home with ZERO holes in the knees of pants?
A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old determine he's not tired at night and be accurate?
A: no
Q: Can a 5-year old wake up for school without whining?
A: no, not even when he/she doesn't stay up too late (see question above)
There you have it . . . the answers to the most perplexing questions you may run across in your life. Simple answers. The most perplexing questions are actually when you subsititute the words "Why can't" in the place of "can" in any of the above questions. If you are superhuman and know the answers to the "Why can't" questions, please feel free to share. I am just the kind of person that needs to have logic behind all things; I like to know the "why". And I believe I have many more "why" questions in relation to said 5-year old. And this is starting to bother my mind!
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
4 comments:
All I have to say is enjoy the 5year old. The 5 year old will be 15 soon and you will miss the 5yr old. Oh and he still won't do any of those things anyway, so be happy!
I agree with Aunty Pam. Soon this phase ends, and you breathe a sigh of relief and then a worse one comes along. Try to find one good thing to hold on to while you out last the others.
Oh Tina... I hate to tell you but it doesn't get much better.. it just so happens that at the age of 5 they are much cuter *lol*.
Hang in there!!!
Here I kept waiting for 5 to come, because the 4-year-old answers to all those questions is still a resounding NO!!! Dang it - guess I'll be pulling for 6.
Post a Comment