Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

no more dog hair

Posted by tina at 3/22/2008 08:14:00 PM
It is with mixed emotions that I post the fact that we may be without dog hair on EVERYTHING. Max, our beloved boxer, ran away today. We have no idea how he got out of the yard. I was with the boys at the Primary Easter Activity at the church. Neil was here, then left to the shooting range. Around 3:15pm, I got a call at the church and it was a friend/neighbor/fellow ward member calling to say that Max was out & that he was a couple blocks away by the recycling bins. When I got back by our house, he was in this empty lot (it's huge and full of sage brush) in between our street and front street. I saw him, called for him and he took off the other way. By the time I drove around the block to the other side, I couldn't see him. He was kind of being herded by our friend, so he probably was a little spooked by that. He ran toward front street which is near the freeway. There's a big fence, but there is a spot or two to get through it. Neil came driving up the street where we were and I flagged him down. Our friends/neighbors helped look too. We all three were driving around for over an hour. Max is missing. I know that I will miss him. He can be quite annoying and if he doesn't come home, I certainly won't miss the dog hair that I sweep up daily. He doesn't like the cold, he's got short hair and gets cold easily. He's got some extra chub on him, but it was only about 25 degrees this morning. So, I feel bad that he is out there and he might be lonely and he probably is cold. He doesn't like to be alone at all. He's got the microchip in him which has our old address, but current phone number. So, maybe someone will find him and take him in to the Humane Society. We don't really know what to do. We did tell a police officer who was nearby at the time. So, we'll see if he finds his way back home. Again, I have mixed emotions. Sometimes the dog is really in the way and is kind of a pain. Yet, sometimes he's fun and he's always loving. I liked to take him to the park on our walks. He loves the boys and they love him, so that's kind of sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry. It is hard to lose a pet, even when they are annoying, and expense. I hope he finds his way back or someone picks him up and brings him to the pound. Good luck!

9:03 AM, March 24, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ▼  March (9)
        • 2:30am, are you kidding me?
        • SPT
        • Sunday Thoughts
        • no more dog hair
        • Q: Can a 5-year old flush the toilet?
        • updated pictures
        • Self-Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday again!
        • Copy that!
        • 12 (TWELVE) CENT INCREASE!!!!
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top