Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

It's the day

Posted by tina at 1/23/2008 08:24:00 PM
Well, tomorrow is the day I FINALLY get my hair cut. So, we've been in our new home/area for about 3 months and I really didn't know where to go to get a hair cut. It's a tough decision. I really should have got it cut before we left our old town. I am not too hip on saloons and didn't really have a steady one anyway. I had a friend in our old ward that did hair and did a pretty good job for a good prices, so I defaulted to her quite often. I'm just not a saloon person. So, after we had tried the Academy of Hair Design (beauty school) for pedicures and had good luck, I went for a haircut. Not a great decision. It wasn't a great haircut. Luckily my hair grows pretty fast and I think my hair is finally long enough to cut out all the bad and uneven layers I had. Phew!
A new friend in our new town recommend someone - referrals only. So, my dear husband called for me. Well, he called our friend for me (or behind my back, I can't remember - he just informed me it wasn't behind my back, but he's just a "get things done" guy and was helping, which is good because he knows how I procrastinate on this stuff) to find out a place to get a hair cut. Then, he called the hair cut place to get an appointment for me. The soonest appointment was nearly three weeks out, so I didn't schedule it. Then last week, I realized that the three weeks was almost here and I still have crap-tacular looking hair, so why did I not just take that appointment? I called her back and luckily she still had openings this week. SOOOOO, tomorrow is it! Maybe, just maybe, I can talk myself into posting some picutures of the new look vs. old look. I know my long lost friend from HS/College, Kelley, would like for me to that, so I'm thinkin' about it, Kel!
So, my inspirations for hair design are characters from TV. One is from One Live to Live (Gigi, linked for your viewing convenience). But, I think I like better the lady detective from Law & Order: SVU - Det. Benson seen here. Either one is better than the current state of my hair.
I'll see what I can do for pictures later this week.
TTFN!
PS - I really tried to put spaces in to help the eyes read easily, but blogger just ain't havin' it! That's kind of annoying!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

those are both cute haircuts. I like the gigi one better myself - but just by a hair. Ha ha - lame me, but really it's pretty close because they are both super cute.

7:54 AM, January 24, 2008
Anonymous said...

Good luck with the hair cut!! I hope it turns out like you want it to.

12:09 PM, January 24, 2008
Anonymous said...

Soooooo.... what is the verdict? How did it turn out? Either way, I think that we need to see a picture! :) If I can do it, you can do it.... :)

5:46 PM, January 24, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ▼  January (9)
        • HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT ANN!
        • Happy Birthday Sunny!
        • Self-Portrait Tuesday
        • Hair Cut Results
        • It's the day
        • Have wanted to . . .
        • Argh! Computers! / Resolutions
        • Happy Anniversary!
        • Christmas recap
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top