Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Argh! Computers! / Resolutions

Posted by Anonymous at 1/07/2008 08:20:00 PM
So, I am trying to sit down to do a nice post in response to the new year and all the talk of resolutions. I was on my father-in-law's laptop at first. {Side story: He dropped by on the way to see his 100 year old mother. He is helping us decide how we are going to make our stinking washer and dryer fit into our lovely new house (another post). So, he brings his computer because it's new (old one died, so he just bought a new one) and he needed me to put the "favorites" to the couple of blogs he reads - ours and Susan's. Anyway, he didn't stop by on his way back home, so his computer is still here. Being the lazy person I am, I didn't want to walk upstairs to our computer and I wanted to lounge in our comfy recliner in the nice quiet living room, so I grabbed his computer which was conveniently sitting on the landing to the stairs. End Side Story} So, his computer was really annoying. I was on Susan's blog trying to make a comment and after about the 4th try, I gave up. I kept hitting the touch pad, I guess, and so it would type in odd spots, hightlight stuff and click on stuff I was not trying to click on. By this time, my sweet (stinky) two, almost three, year old had fallen asleep on the chair with me. So, I slide out from under him and decide that outside of the cozy blanket it is cold. So, before I could proceed to make an attempt to comment on Susan's blog, I then make hot cocoa, topped with cool whip of course; find slippers and sweater and proceed to our desktop computer upstairs.
Our desktop had been ill, so we took it to the doctor (last week, I think). It's just got all sorts of spyware and weird stuff on it and was running pretty ragged. So, we take it into town to see if the local computer guy can make it work better. He said it normally takes 24 hours or so and so he'd call us. Well that was on a Friday, I think and we didn't know if he was open on Saturday, so we went in the following Monday to check on it. So, Neil goes in and he says that the dumb thing is so bogged down that it was still not done doing whatever clean up that it was supposed to be doing. Geez! So, I think at that point we told him to wipe it out and just reinstall windows XP and go with it. So that's what he did. Why do I go to lengths to tell this story, well it is because that computer is supposed to be working better right? Wrong-O! So, while I was able to comment on Susan's blog, I was not able to log into my own blog to write about new year's resolutions. It just did the error message deal - do you want to report this problem - the problem that closed the program - the problem I don't even know existed. I tried three times - shut down three times. How annoying! Yesterday, I was going to blog about some pictures from my mom's visit, but no can do. I was able to login to my blog, put a title on my new post, but not able to type in the box. Why, you ask? I wish I knew. It just wasn't havin' it, I guess. I was able to post some new cards to my scrap gallery, but that was being a little difficult too - becuase I couldn't crop picutres and make them clear. A rough couple of computer days. I normally scan my cards, but to do that yesterday would mean a simple unhook the USB cable and hook it back to the scanner - yeah, so hard, I know. After all the aggravation with trying to crop the stinkin' pics, I should have known that taking the extra minute to hook up scanner would have been way easier. So, my new cards on the scrap gallery aren't really the picture or scan quality that I would like to have, but they are there. Feel free to take a look.
So, "THEN," . . . you might be thinking, "well, if you weren't able to log into blogger - how are you blogging now?" Well, we have a laptop, as well. It was purchased in the summer when Neil was getting into Real Estate. So, here I am in the comfort of my bed with the LSU v. OSU football game in the background (LSU is winning 38 to 17, only 1:50 left in the game) blogging away. It's been a long while since I have taken the time to empty my mind on my blog. Usually, I have a specific picture to post and write about, but not today. I do have some, but those are going to have to wait for another day. Funny thing is that Paden can play on the messed up desktop upstairs for hours at a time and not have any random "let's close internet explorer on you and ask if you want to report the problem" issues. He stays on Playhouse Disney for the most part and so maybe that's a troublefree site. Someone is about to be doused with ice cold gatorade, by the way, at the football game. I am not sure I have ever understood that tradition.

Anyway . . . about New Year's Resolutions . . . I really just wanted to copy and paste my comment from Susan's blog to mine. So, here it is:

I am not really into making and writing down resolutions. It's my rebellion against mainstream, I guess . . . I don't know. It's just not something I really get into. I was writing on Darla's blog though that everytime my hair grows too long I get in a rut that begins with not "doing" my hair, then I get a haircut and refocus on what's important. Ya know, looking good or feeling like you are looking good really does attribute to better mood, better focus, better productivity - for me anyway. Yes, I know I am loca! I never really verbalized the whole haircut thing before, but I was thinking about it recently as I was feeling a little down. I thought to myself, "Self, everything is going well in life, why are you feeling lazy and down?" It's the hair - root cause! So, by the way, it took me forever to post this comment because laptops are not my friends. I finally had to shut down the laptop, slide out from sleeping two year old, find hot cocoa, slippers & sweater and hit the old desktop computer. The dumb little touchpad really gets in my way and causes me much grief and frustration! Phew! Had to get that out!

So, there you have it. You now know that I am a little more crazy that you thought I was! I really don't do resolutions because . . . well because, I am not sure, but I have not really ever done them seriously. I know I used to think of them, but never carried them out. It is a true story about my hair though. I like my hair short (just below ear lobes). I like it to kind of curl outward. When it gets long (which is just above my shoulders - touching the shoulders would be WAY TOO long!), I get lazy. It's long enough to pull back; it's long enough that it takes an extra several minutes to blow dry, so it doesn't get blown dry. So, when I don't blow dry, I don't curl and there it starts. Ugly hair. My hair is so straight that it feels like it is slicked down to my head and I don't like that feeling. So, when my hair gets long, I get lazy and then I start feeling lazy in other areas of life as well. Once I get a hair cut, I feel rejuvenated and I start steppin' it up a bit. I feel like I am sounding really superficial right now. However, I do believe that if you feel like you look good or you feel like you feel good, then you are happier. If you are happy with what you look like on the outside, it makes you feel better on the inside. I don't know if that is how it should be, but I believe that is how it works for me and I should accept that. So, I do. I do not wear make-up most days. I don't wear a lot of jewelery (three rings only - tiny CTR ring, wedding ring and pink breast cancer ring - NO other jewelery). I don't spend hours getting ready on a daily basis. I am pretty low-maintenance. I do admit though that putting on a little make-up, doing a little curl in the hair and wearing more than jeans & sweatshirts on occasion makes me feel a little better. By the way, my hair grows pretty fast and it seems like every other month I should get my hair cut to avoid getting into the funk.

I am sure I have several things that I would like to work on this year, but I am not willing to document them at this moment. They are seeming the same things every day of every year. I always have things I want to work on. I am surprised I don't do resolutions, actually. I am typically a person who likes to have a list of things and I like to cross them off (whether it's written or just in my head). I like to actually accomplish things and move on to the next. Resolutions also seem too big to accomplish, so I just don't write them down. So, I probably will have some resolutions, but they will be between me, myself and I. You all (all 3 of you that read this blog) won't be privy to them. Sorry! :)
TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got your hair cut. :) Glad you're back to posting!

6:56 AM, January 08, 2008
Anonymous said...

Tina,
Just pondering you talking about your different hair lengths on your blog. So hard to imagine it that short! Especially after how long it was in high school and college! I know you said that you didn't like posting pic's of yourself, but I think it would be fun to see what it looks like now.

Glad you are blogging again. It is fun to keep up with your life! :)

10:28 PM, January 08, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ▼  January (9)
        • HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT ANN!
        • Happy Birthday Sunny!
        • Self-Portrait Tuesday
        • Hair Cut Results
        • It's the day
        • Have wanted to . . .
        • Argh! Computers! / Resolutions
        • Happy Anniversary!
        • Christmas recap
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top