Last night, we were eating dinner (in the loose sense of the term) and so Neil and I were sitting downstairs. Side note: we don't buy soda very often and when we do it's not usually something we share with the kids (I know, we're mean). We haven't consumed caffinated soda for years. So, when we buy something it's usually caffiene free dr. pepper or coca cola as a treat. If we know someone coming from Utah we have them bring us caffiene free mt. dew, which is a special treat since you can't buy that around here. So, anyway, we had purchased some dr pepper the other day. It usually goes pretty quick, then we don't buy any for several months. Neil had the last one last night. When the boys came in from outside Paden came down and was talking about something, then was going to leave. He caught an eye of the coveted last dr. pepper, so he turns back and takes a swig. Neil and I look at each other like, "what is he doing, he didn't even ask".
So, Neil says: Paden, what are you doing?
Paden: I just wanted a drink of your soda.
Neil: Why didn't you ask first?
Paden: Because you would say no.
(Neil and I are cracking up at this)
Paden: Papa, can I have a drink of your soda?
Neil: No
Paden: See . . .
Isn't he sweet?
2 comments:
It sounds like he has got it all figured out. :) He's one smart kid.
That kid of yours sure makes me laugh!
Post a Comment