I really only wanted to capture a few small memories. I am sure it would be nice to post some pictures someday, but there are some on Neil's phone which I don't remember to use when it's available to me.
Tonight we sat down for dinner and Paden and Gunnar declared that what I had made was gross, disgusting and they were not going to eat it. It was a dish we like to call Stove Top Chicken. It's tasty. So, Paden has chocolate milk and drank it almost before I sat down. So, we eat. We tell the boys that we aren't cooking anything else for them. Gunnar decides he'll eat what we're having. When he's almost done, he "remembers" that he does like the stuff. Paden still refused to eat. He asked for juice after his milk, which I gave him and he didn't really drink (maybe it's because I was too tired/lazy/whatever to get up and rinse out his cup). So, we eat and Gunnar finishes and they both get down from the table. Paden yells from the other side of the kitchen, "Thanks for the dinner Mama!" Funny.
So, yeah . . . thought there was something else that I wanted to write, but I can't remember. I should be folding clothes, but I am pretty tired tonight, so I am not sure that's going to happen.
Update on the sickness - it's gone. Gunnar actually ended up with strep throat and a rash that was from the same bacteria. Paden's issue we weren't really sure what it was - the doctor said it was a staff-like infection. So, he gave us some soap to wash his face with (it's what surgeons use to scrub with) and some cream to put on there. They both got antibiotics and $112 later all illness is gone. They were feeling better the next day. It was hard to see them not feeling so great, but they had significantly less energy and it was a little bit of a break for us! But, alas, modern medicine works wonders and they were back to full energy in no time. I am not sure it's fortuneate or unfortunate that it was during spring break. No one had to miss work or school to be with them, so that was good. The weather was crappy anyway, so they didn't really miss being outside. I think it all worked out. It just was a pretty boring, crappy, uneventful spring break. Maybe next year will be better. I hope to take a weekend here soon and do something fun with the boys. They did go to the Portland Children's Museum on Friday, but it was really crowed and it's hard for just one parent to take them to those kinds of places because they don't want to do the same thing at the same time and we usually split up with them. So, that was our spring break. Lame!
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
No comments:
Post a Comment