Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Easter Saturday

Posted by tina at 4/14/2009 09:07:00 PM
So, I like to blame the fact that my mom wasn't really "into" Easter; we weren't religious growing up nor did we have a lot of money to entertain the Easter Bunny theme. I do like celebrating holidays, don't get me wrong, I just did not have any grand plans for Easter, other than having a few people over for Sunday dinner of ham, jello, mashed potatoes and the like.


So, back up to last week - we sold our car! We sold it with the dent in it and cashed the insurance money and away we go with the money we wanted out of the car. In the current economy, I wasn't confident we could sell a car w/out the dent for the price we needed. So, it worked out pretty well. So, I cashed the buyer's check on Friday morning, I signed over the title and handed over the keys. We headed to Tri-cities to pick up my father-in-law's "loaner" car - the Dodge Stealth, aka the toy green car. We headed out to some places Neil wanted to find some duck call making supplies. We ended up near this crazy department store called Grigg's. It's hard to describe, but it's awesome. So, they have carpet squares. Did I tell you the story about the dog puke? Probably not, it's gross. Short version - dumb dog ate three sticks of butter and a large bag of bacon bits and later threw up a HUGE pile of nastiness on teh boys' floor. Their room has been smelling like puke since the 5th of April! I cleaned it, but didn't get around to steam cleaning it. So, while at Grigg's, we saw the carpet squares and decided to get them. They are 2 feet by 2 feet and there was 15 in each box (supposed to be 14, but there was a bonus one) and it was $43/box. Because their room is 10 feet by 10 feet, two boxes were enough and we only paid $86.


So, back to Easter Saturday . . . we get up and Neil was curious if the carpet in the boys room was glued down and how much work it was going to be. We totally lucked out - not glued down, carpet ripped out even without scoring it. The padding was only stapled down. So, we ripped up 1/2 the carpet before we went to the community easter egg hunt (more on that later, maybe - it was lame, but we did have to find ourselves in controversy, so maybe it's blog worthy). We needed assistance moving the monsterous bunk bed contraption, so after the hunt, our friends came to help out. We finished it out and I believe it looks fabulous.


We put the bed on the other side of the room, which I have absolutely NO CLUE why we had it where it was before. The room looks much better. The paint job is covered mostly. We painted based on where the bed was before. Anyway . . . we didn't glue these down. They have rubber backing, they are tight in there, it vacuums well. The boys don't really play in there, so having no padding underneath isn't an issue. If they puke or anything else on there, just pull one up hose it off, let it dry and it should be good as new. It was a great choice for us!

So, I didn't have any other plans for Easter Saturday but clean the hurricane-hit house. But I believe my good friend, Jessica, felt bad for my kids since I was planning to make them suffer through house cleaning and invited us to her husband's brother's in-laws' house (some nice people in our ward, she was my visiting teacher once, so it wasn't as awkward as it sounds!). They had food, a wagon ride, an easter egg hunt that was fair for all kids (there were only 6) and it was a great time. I was tired by the end of the day and didn't get everything cleaned up like I wasnted to, but the day was better than cleaning all day. Thanks, Jess!

Sunday dinner, I thought, was good. I enjoyed it. I made my grandma's famous fluffy jello and I loved it! Neil and Adam enjoyed raw meat for dinner, so they were happy. We cooked ham and prime rib and the meat wasn't quite done for most of us, but it's all good. I enjoyed it and others probably have been too polite to say if they didn't, so works for me.

3 comments:

: : JeSsIca g0nZaLez : : said...

yes it was a great easter for allll of them!!! and the boyz room does look a lot better!! the meat was a BIG hit for adam! and the ham was deeee lious!! imm glad you guys came out in the windy weather! and love the car.. me and bina passed your house and its pretty flash "E"...

12:51 PM, April 15, 2009
Morgan and Joel said...

The carpet looks awesome! I always wondered what that carpet would look like...

I am curious about your easter egg hunt story.

And seriously, do all guys like their meat raw? It grosses me out, but Joel is totally the same way.

8:48 PM, April 15, 2009
strivingforsunshine said...

Congrats on the new car!
Kim

6:18 PM, April 17, 2009

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ▼  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ▼  April (3)
        • Permission vs. Forgiveness
        • Easter Saturday
        • No Title Available
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top