Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Something to Blog About

Posted by tina at 5/09/2009 06:41:00 AM
I wish I had something noteworthy to blog about, I guess. I don't know that I do. But, just for Sunny, here's an update to my blog! :-)


Since the last post . . . we finally got our van back. I know I haven't explained the entire fiasco with the van and I really don't want to relive it, but in a nutshell . . . the van didn't have a couple things we wanted and we thought at first it wasn't going to be a big deal. But, it turned out it was a big deal and 3.5 weeks later we got the van in the state that we want. We have an awesome radio/dvd/media system in it and we got it for a great price (the whole van). We're feeling great that we paid 2/3 of it in cash, so we aren't in huge debt and we should be able to pay it off pretty quickly. We are now happy with it and love it. If you have to be mini-van people, might as well go all out, right? I mean we are making a sacrifice here from "cool" to "mini-van" - 'cuz, ya know our old dodge intrepid was cool!

Spring is here, I think. I probably shouldn't say that outloud, thus only in writing for a small audience. Last weekend there was a huge hail storm in Portland that we were privledged to drive through on our shopping adventure. However, this weekend is really nice. It was super windy on Thursday, so I was worried that the weekend would be crap, so so far so good. I took Friday off from work and started the weekend early (more on that momentarily). When we moved into this house, I was so intrigued by all the different flowers we have in our yard that I documented them in photos as they bloomed. When weeded, the yard is really nice. So, this year we've seen our daffodils and tulips come and go already, but the more longer term flowers are starting to grow and bloom. We noticed one lone iris blooming yesterday. We also have some flowers that I have no idea where they came from. We don't remember them from last year. They are nice and colorful - maybe they came from the bird seed from the feeder we have near by? They are kind of weedy right now, but I wanted to take a picture of them. Paden, being the ham that he is, wanted to be in the picture too. We really need to get this area weeded, please don't judge! :-)




We planted a garden. The boys picked out some great things to plant - popcorn, peaches & cream corn, purple potatoes, purple carrots, white radishes (red in middle) and a couple kinds of watermelons (big, small, yellow, etc). We've also got peas, cantalope, couple types of tomatoes and bell peppers. One lesson learned, don't forget to label the garden - can't remember exactly what is where. So, far stuff is growing. Several weeks ago, the boys brought home a little cup wtih a seed planted in it from church. Gunnar believes they are pickled egg plants. So, they are growing well and we are going to plant them outside also. They might really be radishes, we'll see.

Gunnar has been running track. He declares he hates it, which I don't think he does totally. Practices are a little tough because they do spend 45 minutes out of 60 "warming up", i.e., running. The last meet Gunnar got 1st in long jump (7"1.5') and the 100m, 2nd in the 50m and 3rd in javelin. He could be really good at javelin I think, but he won't practice right and because of the number of kids, there's not really the opportunity to work individually with some kids. Plus, they get about 5 minutes to practice that event. We keep thinking they are getting his times for the 50 and the 100 mixed up because we aren't sure how he's winning the 100 - maybe he's the only kid from his team running it. So, today is the final meet. There's only 5 meets total. Today is in Pendleton though with ALL teams, so it could take a while. Paden LOVES track. He has his own shirt, he practices with the team and he knows he can't run in the meets. Gunnar whines everytime we have to go to track. Paden can't wait to go. He can officially be on the team when he's 5. The coach is super nice and we are glad he lets Paden get in the way! I think Paden slows down another girl, Isabella; she's our babysitter's daughter and Paden loves her. I don't think she's too fast anyway, but she's always looking out for Paden and therefore being slowed even more! On team picture day, Paden wanted to be in the picture and of course Gunnar did not. So, Gunnar will be the grumpy looking kid in the picture - sorry to all the other parents! For individual pictures, Gunnar was the LAST kid because he was being Gunnar. He didn't want to do it, finally got him too. Then I had the photographer "humor me" and take Paden's picture. I told him I didn't want to pay for a package for him, but maybe he could just give me a print. Paden got up there with his cheesy grin and was lovin' it. I'll try to get some pictures today of Gunnar running and jumping since I have yet to capture our track experience in pictures.



So, we have officially 4.5 weeks until our due date for the newest addition. I am hoping it's only another 2 weeks though because it's getting pretty difficult and uncomfortable to move around, sleep, etc. I am hoping my last week of work is next week, although I won't be able to say that officially until Thursday when I go back to the doctor and hopefully have him agree I shouldn't have to work anymore! Since I never have any issues, not even any pregnancy-related illness, it's hard for the doctor to say I should stay at home, but last time I talked to him he thought we could figure something out since the last two arrived early, it's likely this one will too. Paden was born at 37 weeks. May 20th is 37 weeks. I am hoping for the weekend though - it would be a bit easier that way.


I took Friday (yesterday) off because I had one last vacation day to use before the end of the month. My sister-in-law and my niece came down to clean the house. It was fabulous. It's nice to have it caught up and maybe we can just maintain it for a while. My visiting teacher and friend April has a steam cleaner vacuum with a handle and I called to ask her if I could borrow it to clean our stairs. She so graciously came and did it for me! Looks great! Got a few things from town and looked for something we could use as a dresser. I was thinking that I wanted maybe a 2 by 3 cubby system with baskets, but that might turn out to be more money than I really want to spend. So, we'll see. My sis-in-law said her older daughter might have an extra dresser. I am so thankful that I have great family and friends who are willing to help when I am not willing to ask. THANKS A MILLION!


Well, Paden is up now and has to have his chocolate milk, so I should get up and get moving before he gets really demanding!

1 comment:

sunny said...

thank you. I hadd fun yesterday even though i was cleaning. its been a while since i just hung out with you. sunny

12:27 PM, May 09, 2009

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ▼  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ▼  May (3)
        • Introducing Fischer Steven Livingston
        • My First Sewing Project
        • Something to Blog About
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top