Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Introducing Fischer Steven Livingston

Posted by tina at 5/25/2009 09:05:00 PM

May 23rd at 2:43am Fischer made his debut appearance. He weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces and is 20 inches long. He's slightly bigger than the other boys were - crazy! He was 2 days shy of being three weeks early. I knew that I couldn't make it longer, I knew that from the beginning and that's why I was totally prepared this time. Prepared, except for remembering the pain you experience after giving birth - ugh! I feel pretty good actually. I do remember being much worse with Gunnar because of the length and difficulty of the labor so compared to that I feel pretty well.


So, I think it's pretty amazing that for months I have told pretty much everyone I know that May 23rd was going to be the day. I told everyone that is the day I've requested and I don't know if anyone is listening to that request, but that would be a good day. We had some other appts scheduled for Gunnar's eye doctor and Paden's dentist for 5/22 so that's why I had told everyone that the 23rd would be a better day. Well . . . when I went in for my 37 week check-up on the 20th, my blood pressure was a little high (maybe a lot high?) and so he wanted me to come back in two days for a recheck. So, I cancelled the dentist appt and the eye doc had already called to reschedule due to a conflict with his schedule, so we went in on Friday. Before I left on Wednesday though the doctor said, "Don't be surprised if I send you to labor and delivery when you come back on Friday." So, we got all prepared and made arrangments for the boys in case that happened. That's what happened. My bp was still high and so we headed off to the hospital. I was already having contractions, some what randomly until the drive up to the doctor when they seemed to get more regular. It was strange because they weren't painful, so I was having trouble at first deciding that's what it was. So, we were in an exam room and waiting for some test results which came back fine, but I dilated a couple more centimeters in that couple of hours, so we got checked into a birthing suite. I think the baby could have been born on Friday, but I got to a certain point and didn't dilate any further and so we were waiting for the doctor to come break my water. We waited for SEVEN hours for him. He had some other urgent patients and a surgery. So, from 3pm until 10pm, we waited. It was a boring wait and I was not in any pain, strangest thing ever. So, I hadn't convinced myself that I needed the epidural yet because it was not painful. The doc came, broke my water and the first contraction thereafter was painful then I snapped out of it and called for the epidural - STAT! Yeah, I am not sure what I was thinking. So, I had to suffer through some painful contractions while they are getting the epidural going, which takes a while. Finally . . . after all that, the baby came at 2:43am. So, Neil lost his bet with his cousin Eric because they had their baby on the 22nd in the afternoon. It was a close race though! She was due June 1st.


Anyway, all is well. The baby is doing fine - doing what he's supposed to do - eat, sleep and poo! Sleeping a lot today, so it might be a long night. That is why I am off to bed now, he just ate and should sleep for a little while - my turn also.

Welcome, welcome baby Fischer!

He's got the same red birthmarks in the same place above his eye that Gunnar had when he was born ; the kind that fade away and come back when he's mad!

Not sure why he's so red in this picture, the lighting, camera flash or something, I am just not that great with the fancy camera we have and the lighting where I was is terrible.

I know it looks like he's right on the edge of something because he is, but I have a hold of him. It's in our living room where there's more natural light for a better shot.
My boys! Gunnar and Paden love their little brother! They are very happy, as am I, that he is finally here!

You should also be able to find him on Kadlec Medical Center's web nursery. He was awake, so I called the nurse to take him to get his pictures done and she changed him and he zonked out! She said she tried to get him to stay awake or wake back up, but he wasn't having that. It's ok; he's still a cutie!

Labels: Fischer

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Tina,
He is too cute! Gotta love the chubber cheekies! :) Trenton was 8#, 5 oz and that is not a small task! Hope you guys are all doing well and try and get rest when you can (I know, easier said than done!). Talk soon,
Kelley

7:09 AM, May 26, 2009
strivingforsunshine said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats and all that.
Kim

7:47 AM, May 26, 2009
Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you could forcast his birth so well.

I love the picture of all of your boys.

Congrats. Congrats. Congrats.

12:04 PM, May 26, 2009
Morgan and Joel said...

Wowzers! I am surprised that he really came so early. Congrats, lady. And the boys pic is very cute.

9:29 PM, May 27, 2009
Nikki said...

He's ADORABLE! What beautiful boys you have! It makes me excited to have a couple more boys. :)

1:59 PM, May 29, 2009
Leslie said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable and I think he looks so much like Gunnar! I love his name - very cute for a boy or a man. Hope you are recovering well and making it through those newborn days. :)

8:29 PM, May 30, 2009

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ▼  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ▼  May (3)
        • Introducing Fischer Steven Livingston
        • My First Sewing Project
        • Something to Blog About
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top