This week's challenge posed by Lelly was: while the kiddos are hunting eggs, take a moment to hunt for something *eggs*tra special about your weekend.
So, what is it about our weekend that was *eggs*tra special . . .??
Was it the part where we went to the church easter activity for the kiddos? Well, that could have been it. It was pretty funny because each kid was only supposed to pick up 25 eggs each. Paden had the missionaries helping/watching him, which was very cute. Paden's age group is the youngest so they got to go first. After several minutes, I finally stopped them to count the eggs. Paden was FREAKING out; he did not want me to count them because he already counted seven (he had nearly 30! He seriously was thowing a big fit! It was really funny. No pictures though!
Was it the part where I was trying to hand out cupcakes, frosting and candy goodies to several kids under the age of 11? They had gotten "bunny munny" from their eggs and activities and were able to "buy" a cupcake, frosting and little candy goodies. Well, it wasn't disaterous, but there's a couple of kids who have less patience than I, so it was interesting I guess. Not the most *eggs*tra special.
Was it the part where I got called at the church saying our dog was out of the yard? Well, this really could be the icing on the cake. The dog is missing and still is missing. I do feel bad for my boys and feel bad for the dog. But, on the other hand life without a dog would most likely be easier. I feel a little bad for saying that, but it is true. Definitely a different weekend event, but not all that special.
Was it the fact that the Easter bunny didn't come to our house? Well, that wasn't the plan and we didn't hype the boys up for the Easter bunny. We were trying earlier in the week to conserve trips to town, ya know with the price of gas 'n all. So, we had decided that we'd go Saturday afternoon sometime. Well, with the dog running off, we were distracted and seemingly missed the Easter bunny. The boys didn't ask, but I was worried some kid at church (or adult for that matter) would ask them if they got anything, which would then cause a breakdown. But, we escaped that one. Phew!
Now, our easter dinner was *eggs*tra special. We didn't have traditional dinner. We had our rendition of the Outback Steakhouse's Alice Springs Chicken. It was very yummy! It's grilled chicken with sauteed mushrooms, bacon,cheese and a honey mustard sauce. It was a very good batch, if I don't say so myself. I have never actually had it from the Outback. We have a cookbook of Top Secret restaurant recipes. Ok, but no pictures of the food or us eating the food.
We had an OK weekend. I think what was *eggs*tra special is really the time I took today to extend the weekend this afternoon. I kind of felt that we didn't get to do everything that we wanted to on Saturday. I came home at 4pm this afternoon (after kind of a rough day - heard of a young adult who took his own life over the weekend) and I took the boys to the park to play. Just mama & the boys. I only had my phone with me, but it didn't take too bad of pictures.
So, what is it about our weekend that was *eggs*tra special . . .??
Was it the part where we went to the church easter activity for the kiddos? Well, that could have been it. It was pretty funny because each kid was only supposed to pick up 25 eggs each. Paden had the missionaries helping/watching him, which was very cute. Paden's age group is the youngest so they got to go first. After several minutes, I finally stopped them to count the eggs. Paden was FREAKING out; he did not want me to count them because he already counted seven (he had nearly 30! He seriously was thowing a big fit! It was really funny. No pictures though!
Was it the part where I was trying to hand out cupcakes, frosting and candy goodies to several kids under the age of 11? They had gotten "bunny munny" from their eggs and activities and were able to "buy" a cupcake, frosting and little candy goodies. Well, it wasn't disaterous, but there's a couple of kids who have less patience than I, so it was interesting I guess. Not the most *eggs*tra special.
Was it the part where I got called at the church saying our dog was out of the yard? Well, this really could be the icing on the cake. The dog is missing and still is missing. I do feel bad for my boys and feel bad for the dog. But, on the other hand life without a dog would most likely be easier. I feel a little bad for saying that, but it is true. Definitely a different weekend event, but not all that special.
Was it the fact that the Easter bunny didn't come to our house? Well, that wasn't the plan and we didn't hype the boys up for the Easter bunny. We were trying earlier in the week to conserve trips to town, ya know with the price of gas 'n all. So, we had decided that we'd go Saturday afternoon sometime. Well, with the dog running off, we were distracted and seemingly missed the Easter bunny. The boys didn't ask, but I was worried some kid at church (or adult for that matter) would ask them if they got anything, which would then cause a breakdown. But, we escaped that one. Phew!
Now, our easter dinner was *eggs*tra special. We didn't have traditional dinner. We had our rendition of the Outback Steakhouse's Alice Springs Chicken. It was very yummy! It's grilled chicken with sauteed mushrooms, bacon,cheese and a honey mustard sauce. It was a very good batch, if I don't say so myself. I have never actually had it from the Outback. We have a cookbook of Top Secret restaurant recipes. Ok, but no pictures of the food or us eating the food.
We had an OK weekend. I think what was *eggs*tra special is really the time I took today to extend the weekend this afternoon. I kind of felt that we didn't get to do everything that we wanted to on Saturday. I came home at 4pm this afternoon (after kind of a rough day - heard of a young adult who took his own life over the weekend) and I took the boys to the park to play. Just mama & the boys. I only had my phone with me, but it didn't take too bad of pictures.





What a fabulous picture, eh? Well, I didn't think so - at least my boys are cute! It's really not about me anyway! That's what is *eggs*tra special is those two little boys.
So, the Easter bunny called today & let the boys know that their papa could take them to Wal*Mart to pick out their one toy each. The boys accepted that and all is well.
4 comments:
Sorry about your dog, and about the YM you mentioned. Your boys sound so easy going to not of cared that the Easter bunny didn't come... That's awesome!
You will remember this Easter..
glad you found your dog!
Looks like you guys had a great adventure and the boys sure look like they are having fun in the pictures. What memories you are helping make for them! Kids are so special. Kind of hard to imagine your life without them...
Wow. I wonder what kind of adventure the dog was on? I'm glad he's back
Post a Comment