Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

SPT (I'm early this time!)

Posted by Anonymous at 4/09/2007 11:13:00 PM
It is actually Monday night and I am post dating (well, I am going to put the time I finish this, it will be Tuesday to some of you) this so I am on time for Self-Portrait Tuesday! Lelly's challenge was this:

this week's challenge: in your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon itwhat are your fondest memories of easter as a child? are you chocolate, or jelly beans? did you ever actually have an easter bonnet?!?as you gather with family and friends (in their matchie clothes), remember to get yourself in that group shot!! when you were finding those perfect outfits, did you remember to find something for you? will you snap casual photos around the family table, or will you troupe out on the lawn for a staged shot?

So, the Easter morning was not exactly what I would have expected it to be. I guess I expect Holidays to be a different routine for getting ready for Church, but no such luck - same ol', same ol'. We have church at 11am, which is a good time for us. If we've not washed something, I can get it washed before we need to get ready. If I haven't finished up (or started rather) the RS bulletin, I can finish it. If we have to prepare lessons, we have that extra little review time in the morning. So, it's good. However, if I do have to do some of that I end up still rushing around before we need to leave and practically shove everyone out the door in a grumpy rush! We are getting better about trying not to be so rushed because we shouldn't be!! It's silly. So, Easter Sunday really was no different. Our Sacrament Meeting was pretty good, I thought. I actually remember some of the thoughts that were shared, so that's always a plus. With the two boys not being able to sit still EVER, I sometimes feel like I can't remember anything. Paden went to Nursery with no issues. It was kind of funny because Gunnar just took Paden over to the Nursery leader right after the closing prayer and away they went to the Nursery. Gunnar came back and then had me take him to Primary which never works because he gets all clingy if I take him. Our RS lesson was fabulous about personal testimony. We were planning on heading to my in-laws house after church. So, in the rush to church on time and the rush to get home, changed and out to my in-laws' house, I got ZERO pics of us in our nice clothes for Easter. Then, I got to thinking, I have all boys - we don't get new Easter clothes anyway - it's the same old stuff they always wear. Paden got a new white shirt a month ago for my nephew's wedding and new shoes. He loves wearing his froggy tie. Gunnar actually had to wear his khaki pants with brown shoes which he usually refuses to do. He always wears charcol gray pants with black shoes. Well, I could not find one of the black shoes so he had to suffer with the others. Usually they wear the same thing every Sunday. I, however, was able to pull out springy clothes for the springy day we had! White skirt with green & blue stitching in some flower type pattern with a green 3/4 sleeve shirt and white sandles. It's really one of my favorite outfits. If I lose too many more pounds, the skirt will be too big and I will have a bittersweet feeling about that!

Ok, I am totally rambling, I must have a need to empty my head right now.

So, Easter growing up for me was nothing really special. I only remember getting an Easter basket one year of my childhood. My family was not religious and I really had no clue what Easter was really about anyway. My mom (single mom of one me) was not made of money, so I really didn't care about Easter baskets. We usually had a larger dinner than normal, I guess that's what you do when everyone says there's a holiday. It was usually ham, I think. Although that memory is a little fuzzy. I know that when I was a little older (somewhere between childhood and pre-marriage), I thought I would do holidays better than what I had when I was a kid. So far, it's not been too much better. Working full time doesn't give me the time I would like to "do up" the holidays like I would like to. So, I do have some goals for next Easter because it's such an important holiday and we never hear in the media about "the true meaning of Easter" as much as you do with the "true meaning of Christmas". I really have a need to teach my children the true meaning of Easter and not let it get lost with the frilly bunny stuff. We did get our boys a dollar store basket with a bottle of bubbles (3/$1) and Paden got a new car and Gunnar got a baseball glove and ball. They were there when we bought the stuff and we even let Paden play with his car when we got home. Then on Sunday I told Gunnar the Easter Bunny was going to meet us at Grandpa's house since we'd be there anyway. We didn't really make a big "to do" about it and neither did the boys. They are the youngest of the grandkids (only great grandkids are younger, then there's Tess who's the same age as Gunnar) so they get to hunt eggs all by themselves. They found about a dozen each, which is just right. The wind was blowing, so it was a little nippy to be out anyway.

So, finally to the part where I reveal my SPT portrait. It's going to look like this one should have been posted last week for PLAY! We didn't get that Easter Family Portrait. Oh well, maybe next year. We did have a great time doing this:

- yep on Sunday! It was a family activity and I don't feel one bit guilty about it. I know some people wouldn't really find playing outside and jumping on the trampoline a reverent Sabbath day activity. However, I think it was a great wholesome family activity and I am glad we were all able to be together and enjoy ourselves. Family is the most important possesion we have and I am grateful to have the family I grew up with that raised me and for the family I married into. Every one of them have a special and important place in my heart and there is no place I would rather be but with family on Easter Sunday. My parents and grandparents are in Arizona and I would have loved to split holiday weekend time with them as well, but they seem to think that Arizona is the place to be in the later winter/early spring! We'll see them soon!

Here's some more fun pics of our Easter Sunday:




Great day all in all and I took a gabazillion pictures (seems like). I think I have shared enough already (probably too many). TTFN!
Labels: family, self portrait Tuesdays

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for early!!

i love the trampoline photos, and i'm all for celebrating a GREAT family day!!

9:00 AM, April 10, 2007
carlo said...

the trampoline looks like such fun!! glad your Easter was a good one!

5:42 PM, April 10, 2007
Barb said...

You must be a very playful person. What a fun mom!

7:33 PM, April 10, 2007
amy gretchen said...

congrats on being early!!

Love the trampoline photos. Man I would love to play around like that right now. Been a while for me. Sounds like a great day.

11:06 PM, April 10, 2007
Leslie said...

That looks so fun!!! You guys sure know how to have fun. I don't think I've been on a tramp in years. And I love the Easter pics. Paden especially looks so cute with his bucket.

8:29 AM, April 11, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ▼  April (5)
        • Self Portrait Tuesday
        • What if . . .?
        • Can anyone guess what this is?
        • SPT (I'm early this time!)
        • Self Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday, again!
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top