Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Self Portrait Tuesday

Posted by Anonymous at 4/17/2007 08:16:00 PM
Wow, what an interesting challege this week by Lelly. The challenge was:

the very nice taxman (who is happy that you filed your taxes!) has given you a $100.00 'virtual' refund. you can 'spend' this money to update one item in your wardrobe.what item do you choose? is it a favorite pair of every-day jeans that have gotten so faded they need to be replaced? do you need a new skirt because you've lost weight since last spring? how about exercise outfits? new shoes? a funky top for date night?
So, actually I have several things I would like to update about my waredrobe and it's pretty hard to pick just one item. I have over the last couple of years updated my waredrobe for work. I work as the HR Manager for a vegetable processing plant - we don't have dress nice. Jeans and shirts are fine there. I decided I wanted to dress nicer, so I started buying some nicer stuff. I need to keep the stuff simple though because if I go out into the plant, it's wet and slippery and cold, etc. so it's not like I am wearing suits or anything. Well, for casual wear, I don't have any clothes that I LOVE. I have some jeans that are OK and a couple of shirts that are OK. I have a couple pairs of capri pants that are good. I actually have lost about 10 pounds since late November (that's when my hubby thought it would be a good idea to own a scale). So, I now weigh myself daily and am aware of my weight. The scale can save your weight and tell you how much more you have to reach your goal, so it's kind of fun (when it's going down, that is). I really put on quite a few pounds with baby number 2, who is now 26 months old and clothes weren't fun anymore. I see some people dressed cute and I think, "wow, I used to have clothes like that."

I have wanted a long white flow-y skirt for a long time, I have wanted a denim jacket for a while. I need some new shoes. I need new jeans and shirts. Get this - Sunday while getting ready for church I discovered three shirts that either had bleach spots or stains - these were discovered while I was ironing them - so annoying! I always buy button up blouses and wear them daily. I don't really have many other style of shirts for work/church. I really would like to branch out, but it's hard. And NOW I am down three of them!

So, actually this weekend I received birthday money ($25 by Saturday) and so I went shopping for real! Here's me at Old Navy finding some treasures - the long white skirt that I have been wanting and a demin jacket - the last normal one they had in the whole store, not one of those short waisted ones or one that looks like it's be ripped up!

Not the greatest pic - I had our small point & shoot camera in my purse. My hubby took it for me 'cuz I just couldn't hold the camera and my goods while trying to get a decent shot. Oh and I didn't actually buy the hat!

The rest of the story on the shopping trip will be posted in an entry decicated my birthday day! I had a great birthday (yesterday 4-16) and have a lot to say about that.

I think if I had to pick only one item to update my waredrobe with only $100, it'd be shirts and I'd need a fashion consultant to come with me to scan the pants I already have and then help me find something other than button up blouses to wear. I typically consult the girls in my office for fasion advice! They're really helpful (they've got a place in my birthday entry too). I did get a new pair of jeans on Saturday and they are fabulous! Costco - Levis for $16.99 - love them!

Labels: self portrait Tuesdays

3 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday!

i'm so glad you found what you were looking for! i hate it when i find bleach spots or missing buttons on my shirts. grrr

8:13 AM, April 18, 2007
Leslie said...

Hey, I didn't know it was your birthday - HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday! I love the skirt! I really want to get some new clothes too, but I only like to shop without kids which is hard to arrange. Anyway, you are totally looking fabulous and I'm sure you'll look great in your new stuff.

12:19 PM, April 18, 2007
carlo said...

happy late b-day!

i would like to find a fun white skirt for summer, too.

4:34 PM, April 18, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ▼  April (5)
        • Self Portrait Tuesday
        • What if . . .?
        • Can anyone guess what this is?
        • SPT (I'm early this time!)
        • Self Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday, again!
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top