Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Can anyone guess what this is?

Posted by Anonymous at 4/14/2007 07:26:00 AM
Looks like some hair on the floor, no big deal, right? Need another hint?
For those of you who guessed a "lock of hair" - you're right. Sorry no prizes, I think everyone got that one right!

So from what occassion do you think this lock of hair comes? If you guessed "First Hair Cut" - you're right! Sort of.

First hair cuts are such a joyous occassion, aren't they? A sign your baby is growing up and turning into a toddler. It's sad to see the long locks of hair drop to the floor. It's hard to pick just the perfect lock to save for the memory book. The toddler look is so handsome (for my boys at least) and it just makes you realize that kids grow so much faster than we want them too.

I am going to have to admit and confess that I was not quite as joyous as I could be following this "First Hair Cut". Let's see the results:

Yes, you guessed it folks! This is Paden's First Haircut HE GAVE HIMSELF!!!! He has only one strip of his bangs left and there's a chunk off the top/back part too. He cut quite a bit of hair off!


Here's before (this was three days before he cut his hair) - his hair is messed up here from jumping on the trampoline, but I think you can tell that he has much less hair now than he did! Crazy kid! I was in the computer room. Gunnar has his kids safety scissors that he gets and cuts paper. Apparently, he left them where Paden could reach them in the kitchen, so Paden decided to give himself a haircut. He came in to me and the first thing I noticed was that he cut a slit in his diaper right down the front middle (he didn't have clothes on - common theme with my boys). Then I saw pieces of hair on his belly and in his diaper front. THEN, I saw the chunks of hair missing. I couldn't do anything but laugh!!! He kind of needed one anyway. We haven't fixed his hair yet either. We normally take him to the barber shop in Quincy, so we'll be taking him sooner than we thought I guess. To see the results of Paden's real First Hair Cut, you can click here for a scanned image of his scrapbook page on the subject.
Labels: Paden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what this was about, because I knew that Padey had had a haircut before. Funny boy! I remember those days with the girls, with a big chunk missing in all that long hair. Ugh!

8:10 AM, April 16, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ▼  April (5)
        • Self Portrait Tuesday
        • What if . . .?
        • Can anyone guess what this is?
        • SPT (I'm early this time!)
        • Self Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday, again!
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top