So, it's Friday again. Again, Neil's at a b-ball game. His team lost today, so he's pretty bummed. His team would have been tied for 1st place (among the other C teams) if they had won tonight. The boys are probably destroying the house - they aren't sweetly sleeping like last week, which is OK because we have to go pick up Neil at the HS when he's done anyway.
So, this week has had some events actually. First, we actually had laundry, dishes & general clutter CAUGHT UP!!! It was pretty cool. That lasted until about Thursday mid-morning. Pretty good for us to keep the streak instead of doing all housework on Saturday and not doing much during the week the week to keep it cleaned. We even folded the socks! I KNOW - that itself deserves a medal - at least a certificate of accomplishment!
Paden got the bark-like cough a little bit on Sunday night and slept pretty good all night. We've been running the humidifier for the entire month of January, since everyone was sick since the day after Christmas. Paden finally seemed like he wasn't stuffed up anymore and then the cough came back. Monday night, Tuesday night AND Wednesday night I slept on the couch with him to keep him propped up. He had a fever Monday night/Tuesday morning, but that subsided pretty quickly. I took Tues off to stay home with them. I worked part day Wed and Thursday. He's better now - got his humor and stubbornness back - still stuffed up though. He just walked in the room and I am sure he's going to come ask for medicine since I told him about 5 mintues ago that I'd be there in "just a second". No wonder kids have a warped sense of time!
Anyway, we bought a new vacuum this week and it works GREAT. We didn't want to spend more than $200. We spent about that much with our first vacuum we bought as a married couple 6 years ago, so we figured technology has improved and so we shouldn't have to spend too much to get something to last for the next 6 years. We went with the Dirt Devil Reaction and we got it at Sears for about $150 (price match to Wal*Mart), so we didn't have to drive ALL the way over to the other side of town!! We actually didn't have lot of time that day after I got home from work and before Neil had to be to practice. We're really not that lazy to not want to drive across town. So, I vacuumed a spot with the old one and went over the spot with the new one and it picked up some more dusty dirt, so I was pretty excited and grossed out all at the same time! Good times!
Thursday afternoon, my boss had a type of stroke (hypertensive - caused by high blood pressure) and is currently in ICU here in Wenatchee. Some people probably wouldn't really be affected by a boss being hospitalized, but my co-workers and I are. My boss is the plant manager. I am the Human Resources Dept. Manager and the other department managers and I all work so closely together that it really does affect us. The IS Manager and the plant manager have been friends for quite a while. The plant manager's wife works for the office and the IS manager's wife works there too. They are all friends outside of work - the kind that take care of each others pets while the other is on vacation. Anyway, we're a pretty close group of managers, so it's pretty crazy news. The plant manager's wife is Neil's adopted mom - she's great! It's hard not being able to do anything to help. We're all making sure that she eats and their son eats and they seem to be OK so far. He's got probably a pretty lengthy recover from this. It's caused total paralysis of his left side, but he has been totally coherent and conscious since he collapsed yesterday afternoon. They think he actually might have had a little movement in his left leg tonight - he didn't It's just strange. Everytime you actually know someone who has an issue or aliment, it certainly makes you think harder about what is important. Tragedy brings people together and it shouldn't be that way. We should remember more often how important family is, how important healthy living is, etc. But we don't always remember those things. Shame on us!
So, that brings me to today and having to go back to worrying about the kool-aid that I believe is spilled on the living room floor - luckily our carpet is that dumb forrest green and doesn't show stuff like that. I have a love-hate relationship with our carpet! I have to go back to worrying about the pile of clothes that has accumulated in odd places the last two days, the sink full of dishes that has to go into the dishwasher after I take out the load of clean ones, the load of towels that is starting to pile up next to the washer and most fun off all - the styrofoam (from the vacumm box) that has carefully been shredded to pieces and strewn about by my two wonderful sons. Wow - maybe I should just go to bed!
Oh wait - we're going to Tri-cities tomorrow to buy a new camera - a nice one that will undoubtedly take us forever to learn to operate well enough for decent pics! I am sure I'll want a new printer soon - but we'll have wait for that for a little while.
So, what a week, eh? I really didn't even explain the craziness of running around - but everyone does that, so no biggie! I did find khaki pants for Neil at Old Navy for $7.97/each. GREAT DEAL - it's so nice to go to that store one minute after it opens in the morning. Even though Paden was sick, I still drug him out to two stores after we dropped Gunnar off at Preschool Tuesday. Anyway, surprisingly I am less tired today than I was this time last week, so I am not sure what's different. The more stuff going on, the more energy I have? That seems backwards. Oh and I forgot the stomach ache I had for the last day & 1/2 from pizza - hopefully it wasn't from the shepard's pie I made 'cuz I really want to eat the left overs, but I am kind of afraid to. Tough call there - don't want to be feeling sick tomorrow while we're shopping, so maybe a different dinner (yep, it's 8pm now, I know) would be a better choice.
* just went to answer the phone - took a quick survey of the house - yeah, crumbled costco muffin on Gunnar's bed - he always swears he'll eat it, but doesn't quite get it all eaten. Lovely. I think I just felt a head ache coming on . . .
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about your boss. That's so sad and I hope everything will go okay. Sorry your kids aren't feeling the best either. We had a weekend of sick kids too. Not fun.
Post a Comment