Self portrait theme: Feet? Yeah, I joined in!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
2/27/2007 10:02:00 PM
I ran into a site hosted by Lelly who is engaging readers to participate in Self-portrait Tuesdays. It's a great idea. I usually post about kids and put pics of them, that's the main reason I started a blog. Now that I have been doing it more regularly (this month), it's quite liberating to ramble on about nothing to no one I know! Well, there's a few people I know! So, for my picture for the theme "Put Your Best Foot Forward" I had to take a picture of both my feet because well, I am the only one here that is allowed to touch the camera. Camera does not belong with 4 year old or 2 year old, so it's the best I could do. Plus, my hubby (who will read this) would probably think I am nuts if I asked him to take a pic of my feet. I am impressed by Kristi who took a very good close up of her foot decorated very nicely! How flexible is she?! Mabe it's a really good zoom. So, anyway here's mine:
I love socks. I don't wear white socks unless I am wearing athletic shoes and on a rare ocassion with my doc martins only because no one will see the socks. Otherwise, I always wear colored and/or patterned socks. I have a problem starting to arise . . . I love all the socks I have and I have had them for a while, so they are starting to wear thin in the heals & toes. Some have even gotten holes. You can't replace funky socks! I don't know how long I have had some of my socks, but I can't find duplicates now! I have some that do have holes in the toes and I keep on wearing them!! If I could find the exact pair, I would throw out the holey ones. I have never darned socks, doesn't that mean fix the holes? I should try it, but never think of it until I am putting on my socks five mintues before I need to leave. I have always liked chubby feet, I have skinny feet, lanky toes and the second toe is right the same as my big toe - maybe a skosh longer (only on my left foot though). I finally came to grips with my feet several years ago and I kind of like them now, well I wonder if it's more that I don't hate them any longer. I used to despise open-toed sandals, but now I love my Birkenstocks. I have had them re-souled once already. I wear them all summer. My feet do a lot of walking (which doesn't explain why I am still out of shape) around the house, around my work, etc. Aveeno lotion is great - it helps those dry heals! I have never had a pedicure, although I might try it this year at the local beauty school - it's cheap! My toenails grow much better and much stronger than my fingernails which drives me nuts. I have a scar on the top of my right foot from a piece of wire sticking out of a hot water heater which was outside while my best middle school friend and I were trying to rider her brother's motorcyle through the yard! Wow, doesn't that sound like the greatest memories from the trailer park. She didn't live in a trailer park, I promise! My toes are always cold and I am sure DH would attest to that! Feet!! Who knew one could compose so many thoughts about feet?
Labels:
self portrait Tuesdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
2 comments:
So much fun to see what everyone did and said for this challenge! Love the argyle socks!
your socks are great! thanks for taking the challenge. i look forward to coming back and poking around your blog!
Post a Comment