So, my sister-in-law over at Plyes of Clutter tagged me to write 5 random things about me. This is quite a chore since I have already posted 100 things about me. I might repeat - try not to.
1. I am a closet neat freak. I say "closet" because I really have relaxed and asked that part of me to stay back most of the time. I used to get upset at roommates, then husband, then kid, then kidS - so over time I have just backed off. I was always the one cleaning and now that I am married, my husband helps a lot - but we don't keep up on it as much as I would like to. I have too much stuff that I don't know what to do with and I have not a lot of time to spend with family, so staying 100% organized has taken a back seat on the back of the short bus!
2. I went to Paris, France when I was 16 with the HS French Club. When I went I really thought that the others who went were real geeks and I was the only semi-normal, cool person. How mean of me. It was a really great experience. It was like 16 days and each kid spent 5 days staying with a family. We spent 3 or 4 days just in Paris doing whatever we wanted. We spent like 5 or 7 days on the road as a group traveling to different places. We went to Normandy and saw the cemetary (name escapes me right now) with all the crosses (& jewish stars). It's pretty crazy. I amvery fortunate to have had the opportunity to go to France. Yeah, I don't remember any French language except "can I go to the bathroom?"
3. I have too many "shoulda" statements in my life and too many "just a minute, son" moments. I really have a lot of great things and I am grateful for many things. I need to remember to live in the moment. I don't really feel like I regret anything, I just feel like I should act more on my thoughts. I have been working on it and it's been working! Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. I still have work to do in this area, but I am encouraged by the small successes so far.
4. I am kind of afraid of fireworks. I like to go watch them, but I don't like to light them. Have no clue where that fear came from. My biggest fear is coming home to a pile of ashes where my house should be. I am not afraid of fire b/c I grew up camping, but something about fireworks just does not float my boat.
5. I know how to crochet and knit and don't do either enough. I am great at starting things, but horrible at finishing these crocheting and knitting projects - my husband can colloborate that statement. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was pretty young - like single digits. I learned to knit from a classmate in Mexico. I can only knit hats - I don't know terminology or patterns (never tried to learn). I can read crochet patterns and I think I could get a ribbon at the local fair (I think every entrant gets a ribbon!)
That's FIVE more random things about me - hope you enjoyed!
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
1 comment:
You did very well, and I think I only knew one of those things about you. I knew you were a neat freak! I had no idea that you had gone to France! What fun is that! You have been so many places. I'm envious. Good job, Tina!
Post a Comment