Well, another year down and it's been crazy as always. Christmas decorations came down today - what a way to spend a holiday. But, they are back up in the attic and we're trying to get the house back into working order. The boys had a fun Christmas, but the days following have been full of coughs, fevers, sneezes, gunky sounding breathing and run down little boys. Gunnar got it first last week and promptly passed it to Paden. Gunnar had a fever for at least 2 nights - sometimes it's hard to tell with him since he has the body temp of a furnace anyway. Paden had a fever too, but not quite as bad as Gunnar's. Paden's been more gunky with coughing. Poor baby. We left the boys with Grandma & Grandpa Livingston for an anniversary trip to Seattle. Gunnar was feeling better by then, but Paden was just getting into it. When I went to pick them up on Friday night, Paden had been saying "help me" most of the day after he had a coughing fit. It's been rough on everyone. We haven't been able to sleep much. Paden can't really sleep laying down, so he has be propped up by someone or something (the someone works better for him). Saturday night, he couldn't even sleep more than 15 mintues without coughing. He threw a fit to take medicine - so it was a joyous night!
On to better things - the boys loved their Christmas presents from Grandma with the puppies! They got all cars stuff and a couple of movies (Ice Age, the Meldown and Over the Hedge). Gunnar got the blue Tow Mater and Paden got a ride on Tow Mater, so they were estatic. Gunnar then got Lightening McQueen from Gramp & Gram Livingston, so he's got both buddies now. Paden got a Dodge Truck that makes lovely noise and music! :) He likes it though, it plays part of the song "YMCA", so it gets old after about oh 30 seconds - not to him though.
Neil & I waited until our anniversary trip to do our Christmas shopping for ourselves. We bought ourselves what we wanted. It was easier that way! We had a great anniversary trip to Seattle. We went to "Bodies, the Exhibition" http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/ It was really cool. It was pretty crowded. I could have spent more time there, but couldn't handle the crowds! It was pretty amazing though. The only thing that grossed me out was they had a stomach with an actual worm of some sort in it and that creeped me out - you could see how long the worm was & everything. If you get a chance to go to this exhibition, you should. It's great! It's a little spendy and not a place for small kids or those with weak consitutions! We also hit the Pike Place Market and Jamba Juice (love that place, need one closer). We also went to our favorite outlet mall at Northbend. There's some great stores there! Spent too much money on a steak dinner in Seattle, but that's downtown Seattle for ya. It was good, but not for how much it was - we thoght it was too expensive. So, it was a great trip and we did great at not talking about the kids too much nor did we buy them anything because we felt bad for leaving them. Usually I buy them something, but not this time! I am proud of myself!
We did not celebrate new year's because the boys were/are sick - maybe next year! Last year I had to take a mini nap around 10pm, but this year I was actually awake, but then went to bed about 11:30 to try to get some sleep before Paden woke up with breathing troubles. Got about 45 minutes or an hour before I had to get up with him.
So, I don't think I took many pictures at Christmas. I will have to look later. I know my mom has some she can send me one of these days. So, for now - no new pics - probably in a couple of days I can find some new ones to post. Sianara.
On to better things - the boys loved their Christmas presents from Grandma with the puppies! They got all cars stuff and a couple of movies (Ice Age, the Meldown and Over the Hedge). Gunnar got the blue Tow Mater and Paden got a ride on Tow Mater, so they were estatic. Gunnar then got Lightening McQueen from Gramp & Gram Livingston, so he's got both buddies now. Paden got a Dodge Truck that makes lovely noise and music! :) He likes it though, it plays part of the song "YMCA", so it gets old after about oh 30 seconds - not to him though.
Neil & I waited until our anniversary trip to do our Christmas shopping for ourselves. We bought ourselves what we wanted. It was easier that way! We had a great anniversary trip to Seattle. We went to "Bodies, the Exhibition" http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/ It was really cool. It was pretty crowded. I could have spent more time there, but couldn't handle the crowds! It was pretty amazing though. The only thing that grossed me out was they had a stomach with an actual worm of some sort in it and that creeped me out - you could see how long the worm was & everything. If you get a chance to go to this exhibition, you should. It's great! It's a little spendy and not a place for small kids or those with weak consitutions! We also hit the Pike Place Market and Jamba Juice (love that place, need one closer). We also went to our favorite outlet mall at Northbend. There's some great stores there! Spent too much money on a steak dinner in Seattle, but that's downtown Seattle for ya. It was good, but not for how much it was - we thoght it was too expensive. So, it was a great trip and we did great at not talking about the kids too much nor did we buy them anything because we felt bad for leaving them. Usually I buy them something, but not this time! I am proud of myself!
We did not celebrate new year's because the boys were/are sick - maybe next year! Last year I had to take a mini nap around 10pm, but this year I was actually awake, but then went to bed about 11:30 to try to get some sleep before Paden woke up with breathing troubles. Got about 45 minutes or an hour before I had to get up with him.
So, I don't think I took many pictures at Christmas. I will have to look later. I know my mom has some she can send me one of these days. So, for now - no new pics - probably in a couple of days I can find some new ones to post. Sianara.
1 comment:
It was so fun to see you at Walmart before we left for Utah. It sounds like you had such a great Christmas and anniversary. Sorry to hear about the kids being sick though - we had lots of that too - no fun. Anyway, happy new year! We want to have you over sometime soon for dinner - let us know when you come to town.
Post a Comment