Some other bloggers out there have been doing these lists, so I thought I would join in. Some others can be found at Pyles of Clutter, Jill's place, Neighbor Jane Payne and some others I have seen, but can't remember right now.
Here's mine:
1. I have been married for 6 years.
2. I have two boys (age 4 and almost 2)
3. I am an only child.I do not know who my biological father is, but my stepfather (since I was 13) is the greatest!
4. I have known both of my great grandparents on my maternal grandpa and maternal grandma’s side – one of my great grandma’s is still living.
5. My husband’s parents are as old as my grandparents, but my husband and I are the same age.
6. I work outside my home.
7. I am good at my job and I am even used to the 35 minute commute.
8. I love scrapbooking and card making.
9. I buy scrapbooking supplies that I am not sure when or where I am going to use them.
10. I love being organized, but often let the house get disorganized because there is more important things to do.
11. I love spending time in the craft/computer room after it’s been cleaned up.
12. I am terrible about paying bills, sometimes because of money not being available on the due date, but mostly because I forget.
13. I am good at leaving work at work and home at home – that’s why I forget some things too.
14. I am confident.
15. I am not at my ideal weight, but am hoping to shed a few pounds.
16. I weigh myself every morning, which I never thought I would do – never wanted to see the number on the scale, but I have come to grips with it.
17. I don’t like to read as a hobby.
18. I like movies that make me laugh or family-oriented movies.
19. I don’t like our house, but am coming to grips with that too.
20. I like to think up all the projects I’d like to do in the house, but never do them.
21. I love watching my boys do funny stuff – just being themselves.
22. I love toddlers more than newborns.
23. I don’t like that I have taught my 4-year old how to lose patients and raise voice.
24. I am impatient with my kids, mostly when I am wanting time to do what I want to do.
25. I would like to be more giving – it’s not always the thought that counts - I have many "shoulda"s.
26. I would like to keep a journal, but can’t keep in the groove.
27. I love fruit smoothies – homemade or Jamba Juice is great too.
28. I love ice cream.
29. I don’t like chicken very much – only when I cook it and know that it’s not going to taste like poultry.
30. I love beef – steak, hamburger, stew, carne (Mexican style) – it’s all great!
31. I love fruit, especially strawberries, cantaloupe and cameo apples.
32. I don’t like mushy apples and rarely buy apples in the store – have to be straight off the tree.
33. I am good with computers.
34. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I love One Life to Live and Tivo it everyday – sometimes watch all five of them from the week on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in my warm bed!
35. I love Pike Place Market and wish I had more money to spend there.
36. I went to school (college) in Mexico for three months.
37. I would love to go back to Mexico and buy more handmade stuff – it’s amazing.
38. I speak Spanish pretty well – most Hispanics compliment me on it.
39. I love fajitas – the way we make them at home with carne from our new favorite place, “El Rey de Carne” – Latino Marketplace.
40. I want a new camera b/c I want to take better pictures.
41. I want to declutter – how do you do that? I love Clean Swwep on TLC and Mission Organization on HGTV.
42. I want to paint the inside of our house – but can’t pick a color.
43. I am sentimental.
44. I do not get overly excited about things, usually, which makes my husband think there’s something wrong – I should work on that.
45. I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions, but I like to constantly review what I need to do better.
46. I realized you have to be a friend to have a friend – the road goes both ways.
47. I love inspiring quotes.
48. I love Franklin Covey products.
49. I started a Master’s Degree once and I hope to finish it one day.
50. I love pens – have to always find the right one.
51. I type so much that my penmanship is getting sloppy – not too happy about that.
52. I like to teach (Relief Society, training classes at work, etc.).
53. I don't love my wardrobe. I can’t afford to bag current wardrobe to start over.
54. I love shoes.
55. I love to play sports – watching in person is good too – on TV ok for some sports.
56. I am good at sports.
57. I have no musical talent, but wish I did sometimes.
58. I am the RS Secretary.
59. I hold two Board Positions for a professional Human Resources group.
60. I coordinate a Toy Drive at work and I love it, but it’s draining by then end.
61. I like to be in charge because I have a hard time following.
62. I am independent.
63. I like a challenge.
64. I don’t like for people to tell me I can’t do something; I prove them wrong.
65. I don’t like to ask for help from anyone, which makes even praying difficult.
66. I like sharing my scrapbooking and cards with others to make myself feel better.
67. I have a new love for the computer game Monopoly (mobile pda version) and Monopoly Tycoon for the PC.
68. I wish my mom lived closer, but I am not moving to her side of the state!
69. I had some great childhood and adolescent memories – driving to Kansas when I was 9 with my great grandparents and my mom; going to Alaska to see my grandparents; working at Lake Cushman Resort with my friends (gas dock girl, deli server, cabin cleanup, etc.); playing volleyball in HS & at CWU; college years were great; Lillith Fair; college friends; going to France in HS; going to Mexico in College; I am sure there’s more.
70. I got married at age 24 and thought it was great – not to young, not to old and got to do some great things before getting married.
71. My husband and I drove to Alaska from Wenatchee, WA and got to fly home – GREAT trip!
72. There’s many things I think I would like to do or like to be, but often blame “lack of time” for not doing them or being them.
73. I haven’t drank a caffeinated beverage for at least 3 or 4 years – I really can’t remember how long.
74. ICE COLD Caffeine-free Mountain Dew (found in Utah only, as far as I know) is the greatest! I also like Caffeine-free Dr. Pepper and Coca Cola.
75. I am low-maintenance – no make-up, no hair doing – although when I do I feel a little better – maybe I should up my maintenance plan a smidge!
76. I have had only one cavity in one tooth, until I had my first kid, then I got two more – but none since then.
77. Funny story about first cavity, it was when I was like 19 or so and they were trying to fix it, the metal thing that holds the rubber dam kept popping off and flying across the room – it was in a molar and I asked them to pull it out and let my wisdom tooth grow there – so they did. (Currently eating Red Vines makes me think of teeth right now)
78. I used to think that black and brown did not go together, but now I do.
79. I actually love brown now.
80. I don’t like taking baths – I get too wrinkly too quickly, plus I get bored.
81. I love clean sheets.
82. I always have a mound of laundry – sometimes it’s clean, sometimes it’s dirty – always a pile or seven.
83. I am sarcastic a lot.
84. I love Hershey’s syrup to make chocolate milk; my husband and kids prefer Quick.
85. I eat when I am bored.
86. I have decided my new eating habits should be: Carnation Instant Breakfast for breakfast, salad for lunch and normal dinner.
87. I want to lose a few pounds and get in better shape, but I HATE to exercise, plus I use the “no time” excuse for that one.
88. I want a new bike – I would do bike rides in lieu of exercising at a gym or w/a workout video.
89. I think I am going to join a rec volleyball league, which reminds me I need to check into that – saw a sign the other day about it.
90. I love cheesecake, but about 10 years ago, I didn't like it at all. That's strange.
91. Ilove family. I love that our family is big (at least on my husband’s side) – it’s crazy fun!
92. I love the Farmer’s Market – why grown your own when you can buy it there – vegetables that is.
93. I love flowers and having a nice yard – not a lot of gumption for that – would rather be doing something else.
94. I used to love to swim and be in the water, but since having kids have not really done much of that.
95. I used to not like my body, but I really don’t like it now and curse myself for not liking it when it was good!
96. I am not photogenic, in my opinion, that’s why I am never in the picture – always taking it.
97. I love having boys – don’t really wants girls, but that’s not up to me.
98. I love my husband very much for many reasons, one is that he loves that I scrapbook and makes me go to scrapbook retreats.
99. I love to sleep!
100. I did this list in less than an hour!
I think I actually have more I could write, but 100 is enough!
It's taken more than an hour, I think, to format the dumb list on this dumb blog - ARGH!
4 comments:
Hey Tina, I found your blog from the comment you left me on my smugmug site (thanks for the compliment).
I'm glad you made your 100's list, it was fun wasn't it?
I think you'd enjoy soaking in the tub more if you liked to read more. I usually end up staying in until the water gets cold because I don't want to stop reading.
My handwriting has suffered as a result of typing so much too, but since I've started taking notes in church things have gotten much better.
That's rather interesting that you hate asking other people for help so much that you have issues with prayer. I've never thought of that as a possibility before.
Your trip to Alaska sounds cool. What a great idea to drive there and then fly home.
I have Carnation Instant Breakfast every morning.
Great list Tina! I was surprised at how much I knew about you and how much I didn't know!
I didn't realize that you don't like chicken. Where did you start your Master's at? I know you like to be in charge:). You will be great at having girls, just like you are great at having boys!
How did you do that in half an hour? Good job!
Very cool list - I learned a lot about you that I didn't know! I wish I lived near you to scrapbook with - that is one of these days when I get back to scrapbooking (hopefully soon). You'll have to tell us about your Alaska trip one day - Troy's dying to go there.
tina, i swear by flylady.net! it get me decluttering over 3 years ago, and i have never (well, hardly ever) looked back!!
Post a Comment