Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

And so it begins . . .

Posted by tina at 3/12/2011 08:50:00 PM

. . . boys and their dirt/mud. They can't stay away. The first nice day we have had to speak of since winter has started to leave us was Friday. There was no wind, the sun was out and warming up the air. The boys were outside as soon as they got home from a trip to town.

Day One: Fill up buckets of dirt using shovels and transport to huge spot in grass where the pool was. This makes a volcano (which you can kind of see behind Fischer below). They then proceeded to cart water in and out of the house to their volcano. The water facet outside hadn't been turned on yet. They played and played until dark. It was so great. When I came out to take a few pictures, they tried to pose and asked me if I could scrapbook the pictures. How cute.

Day Two: Request Papa to turn on the facet outside so that water is readily available to make this fabulous creation. Paden stripped down and got in the bath before I could snap a picture of him. He was SOAKED! This is Gunnar's passion. He loves making these creations. I don't even know what to call it. Gunnar was pretty proud of this one. It's pretty great. We had quite a larger sand spot at our house in E. Wenatchee, but this is pretty good for the space available.

We spend some time in town this morning getting Fischer some antibiotics for what we thought was just a simple sinus infection, but he did have an ear infection as well. I guess it wasn't bad enough for him to be in pain because he hadn't been acting too sick. I was a little worried when we showed up at the walk in clinic and we were about 11th in line and the door hadn't opened yet. It only took about an hour total though, so I thought that wasn't too bad. Fischer's eyes were red and gunky and he's got green snot. Awesome. But, again, he's not really acting too sick.

I hope I don't get too much of what he's got. I feel a little bit yucky; but I am counting on it to leave soon. I have to fly out to Omaha on Tuesday and I really don't need to be ill while traveling and sitting in meetings from 7:30am to 5:30pm for two days.

So, I had to clean out some nasty-ness from the van today. I don't even really want to divulge too much about how gross it was. I had the steam shark, the shop vac and the steam/shampoo vacuum thing-y. Lots of OxiClean and 409 seemed to get most of what it was. I wanted to do more, but then then it started raining and so then I couldn't have dried out the carpet. I was on a roll though, didn't want to stop. As soon as I came in, I was beat and I think I did take a small cat nap. ;0)

It seems as though I had something else that I was going to write about, but I think I forgot. It's like 8:47p/9:47p right now so maybe I should just get to bed. The morning will be here before we know it. I like light out longer, but this whole time change thing is just screwy. As I recall, it takes longer for the boys and I to adjust to losing an hour of sleep than it does gaining an hour of sleep. So, I guess I am kind of 50/50 on the whole subject.

1 comment:

strivingforsunshine said...

That is exactly what my kids have been doing the last few days. Dirt Dirt and more dirt. so much fun.

6:43 PM, March 13, 2011

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ▼  March (3)
        • And so it begins . . .
        • Spring, are you out there?
        • Random Thoughts 2
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top