Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Spring, are you out there?

Posted by tina at 3/08/2011 08:51:00 PM

We're ready for you! Can you believe that we SPRING FORWARD on the 13th of March? Crazy! I understand that's earlier than normal, but I really just go with the flow and wasn't really paying attention and here it is!

Paden came home from school yesterday and jumped on the trampoline until it was dark outside, which is like after 6pm! He thoroughly enjoyed it. Gunnar was in trouble for not wearing his glasses, so he thoroughly disliked cleaning the back yard while Paden jumped, and probably taunted him.

Gunnar has been in bit of hot water, a pretty big pot. Hopefully, he'll be changing his ways here as the week progresses. Kind of a long story that I don't feel like spilling right now, but let's just say we're pretty much SPENT with the kid's attitude. Although I just recently taught a class at work about managing challenging employees and could liken many things to home life, I haven't been able to effectively manage my emotions when dealing with my first-born love. So, yeah.

The season of spring seems to bring on busy-ness. Gunnar and Paden started track today. It's a pretty short season, really. They have like 5 track meets and then they are done. So, maybe like 8 weeks of two days a week. It's not bad. Paden loves track even though his short little legs don't take him very quickly or very far. I love that he loves it. He told me today he's always going to do track. I think he wants to try T-ball too, so we'll see how that goes. I think he could work it out to do both, we'll see. They overlap a little bit I think.

Speaking of Paden, he's drinking lots of "vitamin milk" lately which I think has really, really helped him. He is eating A LOT better, just eating A LOT over all. He is always asking for seconds and sometimes thirds! He's grown in height and weight and he's a lot more energetic (if you can imagine). He is just visibly more healthy. Gunnar started drinking the "vitamin milk" too, even though he probably doesn't really need it, but it's better than just adding nestle quick to their milk. They've never really just drank plain white milk ever, so adding the Carnation Breakfast Essentials mix to their milk works for us.

Fischer has started to say "yes" instead of "uh huh". It's so cute. I'll have to record it one day; it's not something I can describe well. I love that kid. He's funny and cute and smart. He's also pretty head-strong and stubborn and cries when he doesn't get his way, but he's almost 2 and I am pretty sure that's normal. :)

Well, folks, I am off to fold a few clothes before my earlier bed time, which is like 10 minutes away. We're trying this new thing at our house called "getting up earlier so we don't have to rush around like a chaotic mess in the morning". This morning was pretty dang good, but I am totally beat right now and I was 51 minutes ago!

I hope we can keep up a good pattern. We've got showers for the boys every other day on school days. I am sure Saturdays will not be shower days, but rather bath nights before Church on Sunday. Anyway, the boy who showers in the morning has the job of starting the van up so it's warm when we get in. I know spring is almost here, but it's not quite here and I hate getting into a cold van! So, then it's the opposite person's night to pick the movie. If they are in bed anytime before bed, they get the movie on until 8pm. Tonight Paden was in bed about 7:25p, he was tired! We usually start the "bed" process at 7:30pm, so that they are all settled and almost asleep by 8pm. So, they get to watch the movie until 8pm at which time the two younger ones are always asleep anyway. It's Gunnar that has a tendency to still be awake. Last night, I made him listen to primary songs at 8pm instead of the movie. I think with spring upon us, they'll be more tired from more activity, so earlier to bed will be easy. I really can't blame them for wanting the tv on before bed, I am the same way. I like to have that noise to put me to sleep. Maybe that's why I can easily sleep at the movie theatre!

Ok, so I thought I was done rambling . . . the point of the post was about SPRING.


I am excited for Spring. I am excited about being able to go to the river for bike rides or walks. I am excited to have the boys play OUTSIDE. I am excited to wear cute-sy spring clothes, if they still fit that is. I am excited about day light longer. I am excited for the boys to be involved in some organized sporting activities; it's good for them.

So excited. So, SPRING . . . where are you? We're anxiously awaiting your arrival!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, I'm so with you on the spring thing. It's just a little bit of a teaser out there right now.... I'm ready for the real deal!!

Congrats on keeping the schedule! That always makes me feel accomplished! ;)

11:09 AM, March 09, 2011

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ▼  March (3)
        • And so it begins . . .
        • Spring, are you out there?
        • Random Thoughts 2
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top