I had another blog post drafted, but I started a new one. I have the need to get out what's in my head, but I am not sure I should share it all.
I had what could be classified as a crappy morning. I really do not enjoy rushing in the morning, but it all started last night when I was too tired to fully prepare for the lesson in primary I was doing to fill in for Gunnar's. So, this morning, I worked on the lesson, took a shower late, rushed around to get to church. I said something I shouldn't have to Gunnar on the way into the church which then started what I feel like was a family fued during the sacrament (the time when you are supposed to be reverent, silent and thinking about your worthiness to partake and your gratitude for all that you have). I should have not said what I said outloud. So, my frame of mind was not good when I walked into teach these nice little 8-year olds. I couldn't shake my frustration with my child.
The "discussion" continued after church and finally we came to an understanding as family. The afternoon turned out to be grand. The boys played without fighting; they played outside, they played inside, they didn't spend all their time on the computer, Wii or TV. They didn't talk about how they "can't" do something or how stupid their brothers are. I took a nap, Fischer took a nap, I am guessing Neil took a nap, but I don't know since I was napping. We all woke up and were in better moods. I made lasagna, we ate and there was no fighting.
The lady on House Hunters International really should get in her time machine back to the 1980's with her tights and jean shorts.
Also, the boys told me about this Gyro Bowl (http://www.gyrobowl.com/) they saw on TV and that next time the commerical is on that I need to stop and watch it. We'll, it's on right now. They are pretty cool. I wonder if they work as well as the commerical - what if they get gunked up with kiddie snacks? Even though it shows that you could put wet contents in the bowl, I would probably still avoid it.
This week seems to be an ordinary week coming up. The boys start track this week. Paden is totally excited. Gunnar is Gunnar.
The week after this one, its going to be hectic. It's late. I need to put my random head to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment