. . . than two little boys on antibiotics from Tuesday forward this week for various infections in them? Paden had an ear infection started on Monday night - why always in the middle of the night when you can't do anything but fill them up with generic children's Tylenol and hope it relieves the wailing and whining that comes with a pain in their ear?? Why? I do really want to know that. Fischer has had a cough for a little while, so they went ahead and doped him up too since it sounds like a bronchial infection (which is what I had a few weeks ago). They got antihistamine for their sinuses, Tylenol with codeine for the pain and antibiotics for the infections, plus the doc said to try some sort of expectorant. I think we came home with some cough suppressant too, but not to use at the same time as the expectorant. I am not really sure, it was Neil who took them Tuesday morning. I stayed home Monday due to a sick baby sitter and then Paden came home from school early too. Neil took Tues and Wed off with the sick-o kids. He also started feeling ill. I am still hoping (as of Saturday night) that I come through this round unscathed. After all, I did already get sick first!
So, what could be worse than all that? Well, here's the rest of the story . . .
Gunnar starts getting a little stuffed up sometime after Wednesday, I think . . . the days all run together. He usually doesn't get sick, so I figured that he would just get a little stuffed up and be fine. So, we take off Friday morning to head north to visit the Livingston grandparents. We got the boys haircuts. They needed them. So far, so good.
Fischer is kind of a brat going to bed. I didn't take the porta-crib. He was going to lay down with the other two. But, he was being a little wiggly or something and Gunnar got upset and was going to sleep on the floor. So, I took Fischer out and laid on top of him while he screamed until he fell asleep. So, that was fun. I haven't had to do that for a long time! (I don't do nap time, otherwise I would have to then.) So, we get to sleep after 9pm I think. At 1am, Gunnar comes flying out of his room, very loudly, yelling that his ear hurts.
Great.
I didn't bring the Tylenol with codeine, which was given to Paden for his ear pain. Why, you ask? I don't know, I say. I wish I would have. I had the regular, generic Tylenol, and the 7,000 other meds for the other two. Anyway, the regular, generic Tylenol only gave relief for Gunnar for about 90-120 minutes at at time. I didn't sleep pretty much from 1am. At 4am, Gunnar woke up again, which then woke Fischer up, who then remembered he was mad that he wasn't sleeping with his brothers, which started the screaming again . . . all the while Gunnar is moaning and whining and crying about his ear. BACK TO SLEEP PEOPLE! So, at 7am, we all get up.
The walk-in clinic at the local hospital is open from 8am to noon on Saturday, thank goodness. So, we head into the clinic. We walk in, we are the only people there. We wait for few minutes, I could hear the people in the back, but not even all the lights were on yet. About 8:05, the receptionist comes out with her purse, doughnut and cup in her hand. Oops! Yep, you have customers already. I didn't give her a hard time; I remained silent. So, we get out of there about 8:30am with the official, yep it's infected. Really? I knew that already - can I keep my $107 since I am really the one who made the diagnosis at 1am, but for some reason the pharmacy won't go with my sloppy hand-written Rx? Anyway . . . but . . . guess what doesn't open until 9am? The pharmacy . . . at Walmart or Rite Aid. What the crap? Really? It's a pharmacy, not a bank! Sheesh.
So, other than that fiasco . . . we put all the duck hunting stuff in storage and will have our garage back (little bit of tidying required still). That was a good thing. Oh, and the haircuts were good . . . . except Fischer's "I-am-having-a-hard-time-pooping" routine after the haircut wasn't so great. We had to stand outside the barber shop due to the smell and the crying; he was done before Neil was done with his haircut. More fiber vitamins. We just stocked up on them at Costco on the way home!
I am so tired, I can't even make complete sentences anymore. Time for bed. Cleaning will have to get done tomorrow at which time I will be in a rush to get it down after church and before the Super Bowl. So be it. I work best under pressure! I might let it go if we had any clean dishes and counter space to put out the food, but alas, we do not.
Are you ready for some football??? I am ready for some brisket. That's what I'm talkin' about. Brisket on the new Traeger. Mmm, mmm, mmm.
So, what could be worse than all that? Well, here's the rest of the story . . .
Gunnar starts getting a little stuffed up sometime after Wednesday, I think . . . the days all run together. He usually doesn't get sick, so I figured that he would just get a little stuffed up and be fine. So, we take off Friday morning to head north to visit the Livingston grandparents. We got the boys haircuts. They needed them. So far, so good.
Fischer is kind of a brat going to bed. I didn't take the porta-crib. He was going to lay down with the other two. But, he was being a little wiggly or something and Gunnar got upset and was going to sleep on the floor. So, I took Fischer out and laid on top of him while he screamed until he fell asleep. So, that was fun. I haven't had to do that for a long time! (I don't do nap time, otherwise I would have to then.) So, we get to sleep after 9pm I think. At 1am, Gunnar comes flying out of his room, very loudly, yelling that his ear hurts.
Great.
I didn't bring the Tylenol with codeine, which was given to Paden for his ear pain. Why, you ask? I don't know, I say. I wish I would have. I had the regular, generic Tylenol, and the 7,000 other meds for the other two. Anyway, the regular, generic Tylenol only gave relief for Gunnar for about 90-120 minutes at at time. I didn't sleep pretty much from 1am. At 4am, Gunnar woke up again, which then woke Fischer up, who then remembered he was mad that he wasn't sleeping with his brothers, which started the screaming again . . . all the while Gunnar is moaning and whining and crying about his ear. BACK TO SLEEP PEOPLE! So, at 7am, we all get up.
The walk-in clinic at the local hospital is open from 8am to noon on Saturday, thank goodness. So, we head into the clinic. We walk in, we are the only people there. We wait for few minutes, I could hear the people in the back, but not even all the lights were on yet. About 8:05, the receptionist comes out with her purse, doughnut and cup in her hand. Oops! Yep, you have customers already. I didn't give her a hard time; I remained silent. So, we get out of there about 8:30am with the official, yep it's infected. Really? I knew that already - can I keep my $107 since I am really the one who made the diagnosis at 1am, but for some reason the pharmacy won't go with my sloppy hand-written Rx? Anyway . . . but . . . guess what doesn't open until 9am? The pharmacy . . . at Walmart or Rite Aid. What the crap? Really? It's a pharmacy, not a bank! Sheesh.
So, other than that fiasco . . . we put all the duck hunting stuff in storage and will have our garage back (little bit of tidying required still). That was a good thing. Oh, and the haircuts were good . . . . except Fischer's "I-am-having-a-hard-time-pooping" routine after the haircut wasn't so great. We had to stand outside the barber shop due to the smell and the crying; he was done before Neil was done with his haircut. More fiber vitamins. We just stocked up on them at Costco on the way home!
I am so tired, I can't even make complete sentences anymore. Time for bed. Cleaning will have to get done tomorrow at which time I will be in a rush to get it down after church and before the Super Bowl. So be it. I work best under pressure! I might let it go if we had any clean dishes and counter space to put out the food, but alas, we do not.
Are you ready for some football??? I am ready for some brisket. That's what I'm talkin' about. Brisket on the new Traeger. Mmm, mmm, mmm.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry you had to have such a eventful time. Yuck. The bad kind of eventful.
What a miserable time for your family! I hope everyone is better super fast! And that's always bugged me about pharmacies, too!
Post a Comment