I am sure I have used that blog post title before, but it's been a while, so I thought it was OK to recycle it. I am really not sure what this post is all about. Likely just some random thoughts so I can go to sleep.
I started taking Zumba last Monday and it's a great sweat-inducing workout. There are a few moves that I can't do and I am definitely not as good as swinging those hips out as the instructor, but it's still great. There's some friends there to make it more enjoyable as we laugh our way through each song. Something the instructor said on the first day continues to stick with me and haunt me. She said that she knew most of the attendees were looking to lose weight. She said that was great, but remember that losing weight is 75% diet and 25% exercise. Dang burn it! Food is so good. So, I guess I am going to make another attempt at watching calories and fat intake. I just don't think I should take the class and not conscientiously watch what goes into my fat tummy. So, anyway, that is on Mondays and Wednesdays and it's a good commitment for me.
We had some good food for Super Bowl, I thought anyway. Nothing much more than meat and chips and salsa. What more do you need really? The BLT dip was dee-lish as well though, thanks Khea. I should have sent home the left over salsa home with Jessica - sorry, Jess your loss for not coming over! We still love you though.
Today, we had Family Home Evening. It was short and sweet and no frills - no song or anything - just the lesson. I told Paden he was in charge of the lesson and I asked him if he wanted to go look through the Friend magazine or if he had a scripture in mind that he wanted to share. He said that he had a story and it was fabulous. He did such a great job. His lesson was based on this Bible verse: James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." He did a great job telling about this verse and reading it to us. We then retired to the kitchen for some delicious peach smoothie making, complete with Reddi-wip (only the best for our smoothies and yeah, I work for that Company - too bad I don't work at the actual creamy goodness plant!)
The lesson led me to remember what our Bishop said one Sunday not too long ago (like maybe last Sunday, not yesterday but the one before). He said that if you are doing 5 things, you likely won't have problems enough to be seeking guidance from the Bishop. Family Prayer, Scripture Study, Family Home Evening, Paying Tithing and . . . apparently I am not doing the 5th one because I can't remember what it is right now. Maybe it was simply Go to Church, but I really can't recall. Anyway, he told a couple of stories about Family Home Evenings. He said that it doesn't really matter how long they last or what the lesson is about . . . it matters that you have them. It matters that you take time as a family and be together - trying to get some spiritual upliftment is a bonus (did I just make up a word?). He also told about a time that boxing was the activity of choice. It was a funny story. So, tonight after our 5 minute lesson by Paden which was close to being overshadowed by Fischer's playing and Gunnar's enticing of Fischer, I said, "It doesn't matter long it lasts, it matters that we did it . . . that's what the Bishop said." To which Gunnar replied, "Can we box?" To which Paden replied by starting to punch me in the back, which actually felt kind of good - like one of those crazy china man massages. Anyway, I guess they do listen at church sometimes - even when you think they aren't.
I am thankful for those at church who teach the children. We have some great primary leaders (you know who you are) and teachers out there. I know that the boys are learning great things. While I am thinking about it too - we're thankful for Morgan who used to teach the music in primary. Paden used to call her up and request to learn new versus to songs or to request new songs. It was so cute. He really enjoys the music (at least I think he still does).
Switching back to another thought that I will always remember our Bishop saying . . . he actually said it to a good friend of mine when he went to see them and she was apologizing for the mess in her house. He said, "Well, you live here don't you?" Love it. I remind myself that often. ;)
So, that's about it for my randomness for tonight. I am going to go make a list for tomorrow so I can get some stuff done! I make lists at work daily and it helps to accomplish much and stay on track. I could use that same method here and see if it works!
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
1 comment:
We have a great bishop! I love coming to your house and hanging out! And those boys always give me a good laugh!
Post a Comment