Fischer is 3 months away from turning TWO; today he is 21 months old. Holy cow! Time flies. I love the toddler stage. Although it can be frustratingat times, the kid is super funny. He can throw a ball with perfect form - step with opposite foot, good release point, follow through - it's amazing. He was also getting in the "set" position to start a foot race the other day. I am not sure how he knows this stuff. Funny, funny boy.
I started making a list of all the words he knows and uses on a regular basis. He repeats anything anyone says. Someone burst out, "What the heck?" the other day and so did Fischer, "what eck?" It was funny.
For my record, at 21 months here's the list of words (which I of course put into excel and sorted alphabetically :) just had to make sure I didn't have repeats):
apple
ball (he also calls oranges "ball")
banana
bath
bird
blankie
Bob (the builder)
bowl
bye
car
cheese
coat
color
cookie
cow
cup
diaper
done
ears
eat
eyes
Fischer (shisher is how he says his own name)
fork
go
Gunnar (nunner is how he says it)
hair
hands
hat
horse
hurt
juice
kiss
later
light
Mama
meat
milk
mine
more
mouth
mouse
move
nigh-night
no
nose
ok
on
out
Paden (a-e is all he really says for Paden)
pants
Papa
please
poop
puppy
shirt
shoes
socks
teeth
thanks
that one
there it is
truck
uh huh
up/down stairs
vitamin
Of course, not all of these are perfect annunciation, but we know what he's saying. Maybe he said a lot before we left for Las Vegas, but after being away from him for a few days, I noticed new words when we got back. He TALKS non-stop! He is always talking, talking, talking with some screaming and yelling mixed in. What a ball of energy, that kid. Love him, love him, love him.
Have a picture I took of him the other day when I took Paden's picture in his robe. He insisted I took his picture too . . . but apparently I left my camera on and the battery is now dead.
This may not interest you, but as a record for me . . .
Posted by
tina
at
2/23/2011 08:30:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
3 comments:
Vitamin is a pretty big word for a little guy.... you forgot nylan though! :)
I have thought of several more. He does say most of the kids' names at the sitter. He can say "where'd it go?" and some other stuff too. It's amazing to realize what your kid's accomplishments are, when you list them all out. :)
It is crazy! I love to list out Rylan's so I can keep track! Even though I know I am the only one who cares about my kids accomplishments. I think it is a great idea.
Post a Comment