If I had a few extra wishes to spare ('cuz, ya know, my genie is out of commission right now), I would definitely wish for new cabinets. I was just down stairs trying to clean up the kitchen a little and I HATE, yes I said the word I forbid my kids to use, HATE THE CABINETS. It really has nothing to do with layout, space, ability to hold all our stuff, it's the design of the door and the color. Who thought it was a good idea to have WHITE cabinets with groves all over the place? I know that the previous owners did a lot of the painting here which we haven't changed in the 3+ years. OK, so we could do something to help them. Here's the scoop . . . what we need to do is take off the doors and get new doors. I don't know how to re-purpose the existing doors with the grooves that I hate. Then, we paint the bases of the cabinets charcoal gray and get new doors that are stained a cherry color. Sounds great, right? So, then the light brown counter top and back splash won't match so that will have to be replaced. All in all it's not that expensive of a project. We don't have gobs of counter space, so new counter top won't be all that much.
The beauty of the kitchen plan is it won't be all that expensive. One day we'll need a new stove. So, we aren't sure if we just go with the current layout or really re-do the layout a little bit. Anyway, once we pay off the truck, we'll be able to use that money for our home improvement account. I am excited for that. Have an $800 project? No problem, two months from today, we'll have and extra $800 and we'll get it done. That's what we'll be saying when we have the truck paid off.
What's my next wish? Well, I don't know that I really have time to start the wish list right now, actually. What was I thinking?
Today at dinner, Fischer was about done and Paden asks Fischer, "Is your favorite word 'no'?" To which Fischer responds, "NO!" Paden then asks him, "What is your favorite word?" Fischer again responds, "NO!" What a great conversation.
Tonight, we started a "Livingston Family Stories of 2011" book. Neil listened to a talk at Church today that inspired him to have us write down our account of what happened during the week. So, each Sunday, I will scribe what the boys have to say and we'll make a quick record of anything exciting or not exciting that happened during the week. It's an attempt to make a family history record. It's a good new tradition. :-)
I still have a stinking cough in my lungs from the lovely case of bronchitis that is upon me. I am thinking the cough syrup takes quite a while to wear off in the morning, but I am afraid to not take it in fear that I won't sleep. I have to work Monday - It's too hard missing too much time. I think I need the syrup - ugh. It's so NASTY!!! So, so, so NASTY.
It snowed today. Who expected that? Not I, that's for sure. It was DUMPING snow. It was pretty cool looking outside. Gunnar wanted to go play in the snow, but he didn't want his shadow (i.e., Fischer) to follow him. Somehow, he convinced Fischer to go into his crib and watch a movie. Gunnar slipped out and went outside with Paden. The next thing we know, Fischer is OUT like a light, asleep. It was 5pm! Not the best time to take a nap, but that is what he needed to do apparently. Gunnar and Paden were outside for about and hour and Fischer slept for that hour. I know that those who know Boardman's weather but aren't here right now are having a hard time believing it snowed. I have pictures. But, I really don't feel like messing with them right now. So, you'll just have to live without them for now. My apologies, really.
Time for nasty cough syrup. Yuck!
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
1 comment:
I love the idea of the Livingston family stories!! I'll be rooting for you to keep that new tradition! I wish we would have thought of that!
Post a Comment