So, I am going to REWRITE this post since Blogger decided to not save what I wrote earlier. Yes, Blogger, I know you are listening to me right now. I am NOT happy about what you did!!!
Anyway, so a couple of days ago, the boys were being pretty cute and I wanted to write about them, but I didn't get to it that day. I think that I need to be better about keeping the camera handy because I am sure the pictures would be good right about now.
The other day I was hoping that some things about my boys wouldn't change as they get older.
Fischer is helpful in the kitchen. He loves to help with the dishes and sweeping. If I am unloading the dishes, he helps unload, even though he can't reach any place to put them away to, but he hands them to me. It is HIS job to put in the new Finish Powerball Tab into the dishwasher. Sometimes he gets a new one out and he's already put one in the day before. There is always a new tab in there even if the dishes just got done washing. He's on top of his job! He also likes to hold the dust pan and throw the dirt away. He needs a little help with that task, but he will not let you do it by yourself.
Fischer also LOVES to throw things, especially any kind of ball. For his first birthday, we bought him nothing more than a bag of whiffle balls. He loved them. For Christmas, he got some more balls. He loves to throw. He actually has pretty good form - he steps and follows through. I hope that he continues to love it and get good at it for baseball or football . . . or both. He loves football. Anytime he sees it on TV, he stops and yells, "FOOTBALL!" Well, we know that's what he's saying. I am not sure I can spell it the way he says it. :)
Paden is actually very tenderhearted, even though he may not seem it at first glance. He does not like to be in trouble with mama and so he usually does what I ask him to. He gets weepy when he has to leave the presence of his grandpa. He doesn't throw crying fits, but rather the quiet I-am-trying-not-to cry cry with the pouty lip. It's pretty cute, actually. Even though Paden is mostly in his own little world, he does show lots of affection to me. I also love that he is smart and outspoken and not afraid to be different. He's often times worn two different socks or shoes - yep, shoes too. I love that he can be his own person and not care what other people think of him. Paden is also very helpful in the kitchen, but not with cleaning. He loves to help cook and bake. He is always right there with a willingness to help. He's still pretty clumsy, but that's where we get to practice patience.
Then there is Gunnar. Gunnar is the oldest and he is a great big brother. He's always been a good brother to both of the baby boys. Even though he was only 2.5 years old when Paden was born, he was such a big boy from the time that Grandpa brought him to the hospital to see his baby brother, Paden. It was very sweet. He's always been concerned for his brothers. When Fischer came along, he was excited. He was always helpful and never wanted to hear Fischer cry. I hope that he continues to be a good brother to the younger ones. Recently, they've been fighting - too much time together I think.
The other thing about Gunnar that I hope doesn't change is that he loves to build. He's good with working with blocks, k'nex, erector set and tools. He has a great imagination when it comes to building with blocks. We have tried to encourage him to do well in school so that he will be able to use his building skills to get a good career - like builing skyscrapers.
Those are my thoughts about what I don't want to change about my boys. Even though there are many frustrating moments, I love them, love them, love them.
Anyway, so a couple of days ago, the boys were being pretty cute and I wanted to write about them, but I didn't get to it that day. I think that I need to be better about keeping the camera handy because I am sure the pictures would be good right about now.
The other day I was hoping that some things about my boys wouldn't change as they get older.
Fischer is helpful in the kitchen. He loves to help with the dishes and sweeping. If I am unloading the dishes, he helps unload, even though he can't reach any place to put them away to, but he hands them to me. It is HIS job to put in the new Finish Powerball Tab into the dishwasher. Sometimes he gets a new one out and he's already put one in the day before. There is always a new tab in there even if the dishes just got done washing. He's on top of his job! He also likes to hold the dust pan and throw the dirt away. He needs a little help with that task, but he will not let you do it by yourself.
Fischer also LOVES to throw things, especially any kind of ball. For his first birthday, we bought him nothing more than a bag of whiffle balls. He loved them. For Christmas, he got some more balls. He loves to throw. He actually has pretty good form - he steps and follows through. I hope that he continues to love it and get good at it for baseball or football . . . or both. He loves football. Anytime he sees it on TV, he stops and yells, "FOOTBALL!" Well, we know that's what he's saying. I am not sure I can spell it the way he says it. :)
Paden is actually very tenderhearted, even though he may not seem it at first glance. He does not like to be in trouble with mama and so he usually does what I ask him to. He gets weepy when he has to leave the presence of his grandpa. He doesn't throw crying fits, but rather the quiet I-am-trying-not-to cry cry with the pouty lip. It's pretty cute, actually. Even though Paden is mostly in his own little world, he does show lots of affection to me. I also love that he is smart and outspoken and not afraid to be different. He's often times worn two different socks or shoes - yep, shoes too. I love that he can be his own person and not care what other people think of him. Paden is also very helpful in the kitchen, but not with cleaning. He loves to help cook and bake. He is always right there with a willingness to help. He's still pretty clumsy, but that's where we get to practice patience.
Then there is Gunnar. Gunnar is the oldest and he is a great big brother. He's always been a good brother to both of the baby boys. Even though he was only 2.5 years old when Paden was born, he was such a big boy from the time that Grandpa brought him to the hospital to see his baby brother, Paden. It was very sweet. He's always been concerned for his brothers. When Fischer came along, he was excited. He was always helpful and never wanted to hear Fischer cry. I hope that he continues to be a good brother to the younger ones. Recently, they've been fighting - too much time together I think.
The other thing about Gunnar that I hope doesn't change is that he loves to build. He's good with working with blocks, k'nex, erector set and tools. He has a great imagination when it comes to building with blocks. We have tried to encourage him to do well in school so that he will be able to use his building skills to get a good career - like builing skyscrapers.
Those are my thoughts about what I don't want to change about my boys. Even though there are many frustrating moments, I love them, love them, love them.
1 comment:
I love all those things about your boys too. I try to think back and see if my kids have stayed (somewhat) the same or if their interests, character traits, etc have changed, but I can't remember!! Isn't that sad??
Post a Comment