Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

My First Vinyl Project

Posted by tina at 9/26/2010 08:35:00 PM
I have been wanting to try vinyl for the cricut for a long time. I bought some a long time ago, I just really wasn't sure what to do with it, so there it sat. I did cut out some letters for a sign that I never did see the finished product once. Anyway, there are some things I want to do around the house to make the house more, well . . . homey. I am NOT a good interior decorator - NOT my talent. I wish it were sometimes, although I'd likely be broke at that point.


So, here's my first project. I think it looks great - other than the whole wall really isn't finished yet. To not get a glare, I had to take the photo from an angle, so this photo might look a little crooked. Also our walls are brown, not gray as they appear here. I really should learn how to use my fancy-schmancy camera some day. But . . . ta-da . . .

I need to get new frames so that Fischer can be on the wall too (I have them picked out, just need to go get them!). Here's where this vinyl project resides above our piano:

So there it is. The first real decorating I have done in our house and it only took me just under 3 years. :) It was kind of rewarding and I should do more. Our family picture will be as is without a frame. It's supposed to be a canvas print, but we didn't get that one yet. Hopefully it will be here soon.

So, how was your Sunday? I had a pretty good one. Fischer was not cranky during church, which really is helpful. He was throwing colored pencils at everyone which didn't impress the older ladies, but at least he wasn't screaming. So, maybe he needs something smaller and without sharp edges to play with at church; I'll keep that in mind for next time. We had a good lesson in relief society and some pretty good talks in sacrament, as well. I rarely remember Sunday School, hopefully no one is offended by that! ;-)

I watched the RS General Broadcast from home yesterday. Fischer was napping and Paden was playing computer. I actually got to watch the broadcast with limited interruption. Gunnar was with Neil out playing in the woods (setting up hunting camp). I loved the message that President Monson gave. He's a funny guy and gave a great talk. The message of not passing judgement is an important one. I loved it and was definitely humbled by it. I encourage you to listen to it, whether you are of the same religion or not. It was a great message. It's available in 63 languages at the link above. Isn't that amazing? 63 languages and it was just live in SLC yesterday. Technology is truly amazing.

Following the RS Broadcast, I watched another show on BYUTV called "Emma Smith: My Story". That was a great, great short program. It was about the life of Emma Smith. What a great example of a faithful, strong, determined, humble, sweet woman was Emma. I lost count of how many children she gave birth to that did not live but minutes following their birth. And she kept trying. After being run out of her home so many times, how did she not give up? In her words which I can't quote exactly, strength isn't something that you have, it's something that you find. You find it by going though hardships, you find it because God helps you find it. Emma found much strength in her difficult life. She had more trials than any one person I know. If she can find happiness, then so can we.

I have thought a lot about those two messages since I watched them. I am so thankful for the chance be humbled by those messages. I plan to be more thoughtful, less judgmental and find more strength to endure through the trivial trials I face with more faith in Heavenly Father's plan. Endure through trials with less murmuring and more joy. Really, what are my trials? I think I have a much easier life than Emma Smith did and I feel no room to complain, nor speak ill of my circumstances at all. Maybe I will even read more and learn more than choose other activities that are mushing my brain! Wow, now that's ambitious of me!

Well, off to think of my next vinyl project. I really want it to be in my dining room. Hmmmm . . . paint color needs to be chosen . . . pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ▼  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ▼  September (3)
        • My First Vinyl Project
        • Don't Work Without These
        • A Day to Remember - Lots of Love
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top