After the game, we had a little over an hour before I felt we needed to leave. Of course, the ironing of clothes and bathing/showering of 2/3 of the kids took longer than I would have liked. But, we made it to the church on time. :-)
I know these books are true and will guide you throughout your life, and help you prepare for your mission.
Grandpa and I are very proud of you this day. We are grateful for the good mom and dad you have and for the testimony of the gospel they have.
I know the church is true and I'm grateful for all my blessings it brings to me. I know the scriptures are the word of God.
Remember to study and pray often.
Grandma & Grandpa L.
It was a pretty low-key, low-stress event. I did send Neil to the wrong bakery to pick up the cake afterwards, so it took a few extra minutes (or 15). I will take the blame for not communicating correctly where the cake was to be picked up. It was an excellent cake though, so well worth the wait. I am bummed that Jaye Dean, Uncle Milo and Hank broke down on the way and weren't able to make it. Thank you to Uncle Max for coming to their safe rescue and return home. Thank you, Hank for making an appearance even if you missed everything but the food. :)
Thank you to our Primary Presidency for helping make it less stressful. "My Baptism Book" was awesome and my sister-in-law totally, seriously wants one. Thank you for filling the font with warm water and making personal sacrifices to be there. :)
I recall Jake talking about the fact that for at least a split second, you are free from sin. For some of us that feeling doesn't last as long as it does for others. I was curious how this would affect Gunnar. Sunday could be just another Sunday where we have to rush and fight to get people dressed and out the door. Although, we did arrive at church during the opening song instead of before it started, we had a pretty good morning without frustration and yelling. The boys weren't argumentative while getting ready. I don't think they brushed their teeth or anything, but they were dressed. Gunnar actually wore a tie. A new tie given to him yesterday by some friends. Thank you, friends. He's not worn a tie since he was too little to remember. He also wanted to bring his new scriptures to church. I dug out an old scripture bag for him to borrow until he gets his own. I meant to order the one he wanted, but I honestly didn't remember that until he pulled his scriptures out of his gift bag this morning.
Again, I digressed from where I was originally going with my thoughts . . .
I love my family - all of them - my mom, my grandparents, my aunts, uncles & cousins. I love them all. I appreciate EVERYTHING that my mom and my grandparents have done for me. There aren't enough minutes in the day to say how much I love them. I am happy to be living a life that has a meaning and purpose. I love my three sons - wow, three sons - that sounds a little strange. They teach me so much. They are amazing on so many levels. I love my husband and couldn't imagine life without him. And, I love the crazy family I married into. I am happy to say that I don't have crazy, meddling in-laws and I have a fantabulous mess of nieces, nephews, and great nieces & nephews that I couldn't have otherwise being an only child.
Pictures to follow . . . of course another thing that went wrong was a dead camera battery. Thanks to Aunt Ann and Aunt Susan for always being prepared with fully charged camera batteries. I also didn't get a picture of Gunnar in his baptismal clothes; he was so cute this afternoon when I mentioned that. He, who normally hates to be in pictures, said we could just go into Hermiston and he could put it back on really quick for a picture. Awe . . . well, we'll see. :-)
1 comment:
Oh Tina, what a lovely, lovely post. I love that you wrote all this down, and now Gunnar will have it too, when he doesn't remember any more. It WAS a great baptism, with the main thing being the baptism. Thank you to whoever let us just sit afterwards, to visit, and be with each other, and have the spirit surround us. It was awesome and I'm so glad we were invited.
Love,
Susan
Post a Comment