Here we have our very own shoe rack of Georgia Boots. (Papa needs to oil his up a bit.) Gunnar's main attraction to Georgia Boots is there are no laces. I think Paden's reason might also be the same. I am not sure I can keep these off those two. The only reason this picture has no feet in them is because they were changing out of their church clothes. Gunnar changed into shorts and put them back on to watch TV all afternoon. For many years, Gunnar has worn black pants for church, probably about the last 5 years. When he was three he had a pair of khaki color pants and a blue shirt he wore. But when those were too small he switched to black pants. Being somewhat fashion conscious, I told Gunnar I would rather him not wear black pants with brown shoes. So, he let me buy him some khaki pants again. He even pulled out his old white shirt instead of his blue. He looked great today, should have snapped his pic too. Maybe next week. I love having boys. They are so easy on Sundays - same outfit every week. :O)So, I am feeling a little left out of the Georgia boot club though. I am getting some boots for Christmas. I am really not a cowboy boot connoisseur, so I can't recall which brand I want, but I will know them when I see them again.
Speaking of Christmas, what do you do the year following the purchase, er, uh, Santa's delivery of a family gift such as the Wii? I love watching my kids open gifts on Christmas, it's joyful. However, I do NOT want them to continue to think that is what Christmas is all about. I liked last year that Santa brought family gift and there wasn't a lot of opening and greediness. How do we move away from that. So, I am trying to think of some ideas. If we don't start now, we'll end up with last minute shopping for crap they don't need. :)
I have a pile of laundry that needs to be put away, so I am going to attempt to at least put a few things away . . . tonight. It is getting very close to my bed time though, so wish me luck - really it's the clothes that need to be wished luck 'cuz they might want to be where they are supposed to be instead of a giant pile on the floor. I really don't like to have to dig around in the morning to find clothes for everyone. Why, why, why are they not already put away? Even though I took a nap today, I am still tired. Yes, I took a nap. I haven't done that in forever! I actually slept for at least 90 minutes. It was good, except that I woke up lethargic.
I made the boys clean with me for 30 minutes. I think that might be a new good thing. I am not sure how many days a week I an feasibly do that. Every night of the week, we are busy with soccer, meetings, homework, reading time, bath/showers, screaming baby wandering around, oh and dinner. So, yeah. But 30 minutes a day with each person working in a different area of the house would theoretically keep it pretty clean throughout the week. My house definitely DOES NOT need to be on the show Clean House, but I wouldn't mind emptying out a few rooms and dejunking, decluttering and remodeling.
What do you think about a gray dining room? I really need to paint it. I bought red to paint one wall in the dining room red, but I haven't done it yet. It's only been about 2 years since I bought the paint. So, I am thinking about an art project for the dining room. Three wood panels, 2 feet wide by 3.5 feet long or so. I want them smooth and painted gray. Then, I am going to cut out some 2 feet tall flowers out of vinyl and stick them on. I am sure it will look much better than I can describe. Look on allposters.com for decals, that's where I got the idea. I do have a cricut and a cool program (Sure Cuts A Lot) and I could do some pretty swell art projects - it's just about time and energy. So, if I do the gray wall panels, I am not sure what color to paint the walls though. I am not really good at that interior decorating stuff. I see a lot of stuff I like, I just don't get it done. I did see in someone's house vinyl on the wall that said (changed to our name & date): the LIVINGSTON family, est'd 2000 (it was two lines and it looked cool). I think I am going to do that when we get our family picture back. It should be here this week.
End random post here . . .
1 comment:
Love those pictures!!
I love the idea for your dining room walls, and I totally think that if you still wanted the red walls, the gray would look good with it! Maybe a little modern-ish with black vinyl flowers. Very cute.
Maybe if you all worked together for 30 minutes, you would be more motivated to do it? I don't know, and I'm hardly the expert here. I always just doing it myself because it's easier that way. Not so good on the teaching of responsibility.
Laundry. I hate laundry.
Post a Comment