Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Halloween is Coming

Posted by tina at 10/05/2008 08:29:00 PM
Our first step to start decorating for Halloween was a family activity to make these spiders! We really want to go all out fo Halloween decorating this year. We haven't really started much yet. I think that we might not quite go all out as we thought we wanted to. We'll see.

On a Sunday afternoon a couple weeks ago, we took a nice relaxing drive out to the countryside/edge of town to find the materials to make the spiders. Thistles. We brought them home and spray-painted them black. One night for Family Home Evening, we created these:




No actual pictures of us working on them, as the camera battery was dead at the time and I just finally remembered to charge the camera battery. And yes, they only have six legs - pipe cleaner conservation day, haven't you heard of it?

Neil has been gone since Friday morning - out hunting with a friend. The boys & I have just been chillin'! I tried to watch some of General Conference, but it was hard with the boys. I did LOVE the show inbetween conference, On the Lord's Errand: Life of Thomas S Monson. It was so fabulous. It was great getting to know Thomas S. Monson. He was called to be a bishop at age 22 to a ward of over 1,000 members, including 85 widows. He made an effort to always visit the widows and amazingly has been able throughout his life to speak at many of the funerals of those widows; most of them asked that he speak. How sweet is that! At the end of the program he said something so wonderful. He said, "I always want the Lord to know that if he needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him."

Wouldn't it be great if we all had such a great attitude. I think I will work on that this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the spiders. i'm sure the boys were very intense while making them. I can tell you how to make spiders with glow sticks and styrafoam balls. Love Aunt Ann

7:43 PM, October 06, 2008
Jamie Gibeau said...

Spiders are very cute! And yep, isn't pipe cleaner conservation day a national holiday? Most especially around halloween and thanksgiving!
Isn't that great hair! Thanks to Dee for that great reminder...I call the new do "Mom hair" as it is WAY easier than the days of RAVE hairspray and a hair dryer going for an hour! I will forever have short hair from now til the the end!

9:56 PM, October 10, 2008
Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I meant to tell you how cute these spiders are Tina. I'm going to miss not seeing you at the retreat. You've got so many skills I always learn something new from you.

3:47 AM, October 18, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ▼  October (3)
        • In the matter of an hour
        • Funny Story
        • Halloween is Coming
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top