Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Week in Review AGAIN

Posted by tina at 9/01/2008 09:30:00 PM
PREFACE: I have tried about 5 times to put spacing inbetween my so-called paragraphs, but blogger is just not cooperative tonight.
So, I usually like to keep bloggin' in chronological order and I am still pretty behind. Let's go back to August 16th or so where I last left off.
We returned from our mini-vacation on Friday night and then we basically spent the rest of the weekend not doing much of anything. We just kind of chilled at home, which was pretty nice. Then comes the next week . . .
Monday, August 18th - We had some FANTABULOUS house guests by the name of Sunny Lynn and Megan - two of the wonderful group of nieces that we love. They braved the new driving skills of Sunny and made their way down. I texted Sunny a little after 8am thinking she wouldn't be up yet to let her know that she could call my office if they needed directions. I was amazed when she was actually awake at 8am!! :) So, they got here (on time according to plan)and went to town to get some party items - i.e., tiki party cups and tiki party straws and a palm tree chandelier hanger! We had some party-licious homemade pizza! We played some spectacular games like scattegories, BS, uno, Thomas the Tank Engine cards, etc. We had a great time. Megan and Sunny also rock at Guitar Hero. I suck! No, I am worse than sucky! I rock at Super Mario Brothers though - too bad we don't have that anymore! We had SOOOO much fun. Paden made up his own card game. Megan and Sunny were hilarious at scattergories. It was a great time!! So, it was a work night for me, so we all ended up going to be about 10:30pm. I was so ecstatic to see those girly girls. They are fun and I love them! We hope to see more of them, along with their cousins, someday soon!
Tuesday, August 19th - had to get up early to go to a leadership class in Pasco. Got home after 6:30pm. Got the boys to bed and stayed up late doing who knows what. I couldn't sleep - not sure what the deal was. I was planning on getting up at 1:30am to go serve at the BBQ we were having at work. We do one on each shift and grave shift one started at 2:00am. Well, Paden woke up around midnight with croup. Since I didn't go to sleep yet, I was getting very tired. At about 1:30am, I realized I was NOT going to go serve at the BBQ. I got a hold of someone to let them know. I had to return to Pasco for more leadership class, so I HAD to get some sleep. Paden didn't sleep all that well, so I think I got about 2 hrs. Not so good for me.
Wednesday - woke up early, drove to Pasco, sat through class (stayed awake amazingly), drove home and felt like I could just crash. Paden still wasn't feeling all that great, so we prepared for bed by getting all the necessities near by and go the humidifier going, etc. I got a few more hours of sleep, but we did have to spend 30 minutes in the bathroom with the steaming hot shower going.
Thursday - same as before . . . woke up early, drove to Pasco, sat through class (didn't fall asleep in class!), drove home (that was hard). Paden was feeling quite a bit better, but his croup usually lasts two nights pretty bad, then the third night not so bad. He did sleep mostly through the night until about 4:45am, so that was good.
Friday - woke up early, drove to Pasco, sat through class (only 1/2 day though! :), went to Costco, came home, made ice cream for RS Sleepover Enrichment Activity (yep, I am still the Enrichment leader), went to Sleepover, played some games, talked, ate too much food, drove home at 2am (got pulled over on the way, no ticket though!! Phew!), went to bed. Paden only had one little episode while I was gone and none while I was home.
Saturday - woke up relatively early, went back to cook breakfast for Sleepover activity, came home, got the boys dressed, left for Elder's Quorum activity of Bowling. Gunnar was having a very rough day as a child and it was not as enjoyable as it could have been. Some of our friends who have a son Gunnar's age actually didn't let their son come as he had a meltdown earlier in the day; maybe we should have done that. After bowling, we stopped at Safeway for a couple of groceries for dinner to cook for the missionaries. We asked the missionaries to come early because we had tickets to the Tri-cities Dust Devils baseball game. I kind of dozed off for a few minutes while I was supposed to be preparing the dinner. We wanted to make stew, well it turned out alright, but I had to microwave vegetables and brown the meat before putting it in the stew. We normally cook this in a dutch oven pot thing on the BBQ. Well, I used the bigger one we have it doesn't fit on the BBQ, so I had to heat up the house and do it in the oven anyway. It turned out fine. My kitchen was a disaster though. We didn't have time to clean up and we took off for the game. We wanted to go to Harbor Frieght, but it closed at 6pm which is what time it was when we were like 1/2 way there. We had some friends come with us to the game. We went to a different store and then headed to the game. Part way in to the game, I ran into my very best friend from my college days that I haven't seen for like 7 years (probably since my wedding). CRAZY!! They live just down the road from the stadium and have been back in tri-cites for like 5 years. I kind of lost track of them when they got done with law school in California. So, that's so awesome that they are there and we live close enough to see each other! So, the boys got to get sno cones at the game and run across the outfield during Dusty's Dash. They had a good time. The run kind of gave Paden a little coughing fit, not too bad though. We got home a little after 11pm, I think. That was a busy day.
Sunday - Paden woke up pretty yucky again. Gunnar thought he was sick, but he wasn't; he doesn't really get sick that much and of course Paden gets attention when he's sick, so Gunnar had to "be sick" too. The boys and I stayed home from Church; Neil went to his morning meeting and to Sacrament meeting, then came home.
That's all I can really remember from that week. Maybe tomorrow I can get caught up to current times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ▼  September (5)
        • Road Trip Adventure
        • 1st Day of Preschool
        • What does 57 + 21 + 1 equal?
        • the Blue Dragons
        • Week in Review AGAIN
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top