I have missed documenting on the first day of school this year. Yeah, the morning was a little on the whiney side on Gunnar's part because of the pants. THE. PANTS. I bought him Toughskins from Sears for the KidVantage program (which any jeans qualify, by the way). The toughskins have the double knee, so they have got to last longer. They were on sale and if they get holes in them before he grows out of them, then we can return them for a new pair. Sears is my new favorite store for that reason only. Anyway, one little problem with the toughskins is that they do not have the adjustable waistband. I am not sure why they don't, it seems completely necessary to have the adjustable waistband. So, the pants fit him fine, except they are a little big around the waist; not going to fall off - just a little big. Gunnar HATES belts - don't understand that one - and basically has a near meltdown every Sunday when we force him to wear a belt. So, he won't wear a belt to school. Yeah, so I didn't get any of those cute "first day" pictures. He didn't have a huge meltdown on his first day, but it wasn't a perfectly happy morning either. He survived and enjoyed recess, as always.
Well, we made it through the first week of school. No major issues, nothing majorly exciting. I am still waiting for the "meet the teacher" day; I guess we don't do that at this school. We saw Gunnar's teacher on the first day, but only for a minute. Hopefully, we get a chance to meet her and figure out what 1st grade is all about.
Gunnar is playing soccer. I think he's going to like soccer. It's a little more active than t-ball. They play with only 3 kids per team on the field at a time, so it's pretty active for them. Gunnar scored the first goal of the game and scored like 6 more after that. The little girl on his team, Samantha, scored several goals too. There's two kids that aren't all that into it, then there's three that are. It was cute to watch. It was a great day; sunny, warm, no wind! So, here's a couple o pictures of the first soccer game. Oh yeah, Gunnar invented the team name - the BLUE DRAGONS. The coaches liked it and went with it. I'll have to come up with something cool for the end of the season memorabilia for the kids.
What a cutie, eh? It was picture day too and I am pretty sure the above is a replica of the face he made during his individual pictures. Fabulous. Good thing I only orderd a 4-picture package. :)
It's still pretty crazy to me that he's 6, he's in first grade and that we have been in Oregon for almost a year. Time flies! I'll post some more pictures on ShutterFly, by the way.
3 comments:
Love, Love, Love Kidvantage!! Because our boys were slow growers, I always bought their jeans at Sears, because they ALWAYS went through the knees first. Love it!
Hey, be grateful you didn't have to sit through the Slow-Start orientation. Painful.
I love the soccer pictures of Gunnar! What a handsome kid!
That's brilliant to only have 3 on a team at a time! Have they always done this?
Hooray for Sears and Kidvantage. I like it on their socks. Saved us TONS.
I've heard about Kidvantage and I'd use it if we weren't an hour away from a Sears. I suppose we still could for Christian's things cause we do go there enough to get what we need. I'll have to try it next time he needs pants.
Post a Comment