Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Week in Review

Posted by tina at 8/24/2008 10:15:00 PM
It's another one of those times where there seems to have been a lot going on the last couple of weeks and all I can really do at this point is recap.
Following Gunnar's birthday party trip up to Quincy, we also celebrated with some friends of ours. A family in our ward has become good friends. They are older than us by a few years; their youngest son just turned 17. His birthday was three days after Gunnar's. They invited us to celebrate together. The son is our dog sitter, too. So, anyway, Monday night (8/11) we went out to our friends' parents house. They have a pool and a nice set up yard. We had hamburgers and ice cream cake. It was fabulous. The boys could have swam all night. I haven't gotten the pictures from that adventure yet. I know that Karli took some of me too in the pool, won't be sharing those. Both Paden and Gunnar are fearless; they jump off the diving board and went down the slide. It was fun.
We took a mini vacation on the 13th of August. We went to Portland to take the boys a few of places. We wanted to do some fun stuff before school started. We went to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). It's a VERY fun place. We spent about 5 hours there and they had to kick us out at closing time. That's the second time we have been there - officially paid for our membership with that trip. If you live more than 100 miles away, the yearly membership is like $60. It would cost nearly $40 w/o the membership to get in for one day.
We stayed in Vancouver actually for pricing sakes. We found a deal on hotels.com. It was like $75 a night including all the taxes, so we thought that was good. We had to make sure that the hotel had a pool so the boys could swim. We also needed to find some swimming accessories for a deep pool - floaties (flotation devices). We went to a couple of stores and finally at the 3rd stop at Fred Meyer we found what we needed, even in pink - paden's favorite color.
So after OMSI, we finally made it back to the hotel for the boys to swim for a little bit before bed. The next day we went to the zoo. It was alright. It was hot and the animals weren't really out. The boys did not find the zoo as fabulous as OMSI. They stopped at each animal for about 30 seconds then wanted to move on to the next one. It was pretty busy there, but it was alright.
After the zoo, we went to lunch at a place called Grandma Leeth's. It was AWESOME! It's a very kid-friendly restaurant where you can enjoy your dinner uninterrupted while your children are well-cared for and well-fed in the Performance Area. It's FABULOUS!! I had a fresh mozzarella cheese and Roma tomato salad with balsamic vinegar, I loved it! Could have ate two helpings. I also ordered the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. It was a stupendous dessert!
After lunch we went to see Wall-E, the movie. Paden did pretty well in the theater; it was his first time. We liked the movie. Of course the kids didn't get the real meaning of it, but they still liked it. It was quite an interesting show. I didn't know what it was about AT ALL before we saw it.
We ate dinner at a place called Sweet Tomatoes which was across from our hotel. It's a salad buffet with soup, pasta and bread and of course soft serve ice cream machine. It was very good. We ate there two days in a row. It was really yummy!
Again, we swam at night back at the hotel. I didn't get in the water this night. Paden used a little swim life vest and arm floaties and he was good by himself. Gunnar used a round floatie ring and was good to go. The hotel pool wasn't heated - only downfall - so it felt pretty cold and I just couldn't bring myself to jump in the second time. The boys had a great time though. They would get out and get in the hot tub for a few minutes to get warmed up, then jump back in the big pool. Paden would go down to the 5 ft end, jump in, and kick his little legs moving himself all the way the length of the pool. He'd get out, run to the other end and do it again. Good times.
So, then on Friday our last day of our mini vacation, we went to the Portland Children's Museum. If we lived closer, we'd definitely have a membership there. We went there when I was pregnant with Paden. They have added a lot of stuff since then and the boys had a BLAST!! They didn't really want to leave there either, but we were heading home that day. We ate at Sweet Tomatoes again (one in Portland) before we left and headed home.
I am too lazy to post pictures on this post right now. Oh, but I did post them on Shutterfly already. There's some from the Children's' Museum. I didn't take any pictures at OMSI, I guess. Maybe I didn't get that far in my downloading - can't remember right now! We were pretty busy there.
Anyway . . . I need to get to sleep I am exhausted. I will have to finish last week's week in review later! I thought I could get through two weeks worth, but no can do.
Nighty night!

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man, Tina, what a great vacation. I love your restaurant recommendations, too.

7:18 AM, August 25, 2008
Leslie said...

What a fun time! Those museums sound so great. Our family loves places like that, too.

8:23 AM, August 25, 2008
Heather @ Multiple Hats said...

You packed a ton into your mini vacation. Sounds like a blast! We love the Portland area, but don't get there too often. I'm glad, now that I've read your blog, that I have a few great suggestions to jumpstart our next trip there. Thanks!

10:28 PM, August 26, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ▼  August (2)
        • Week in Review
        • Gunnar's Birthday
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top