Lelly's challenge for this week's Self-portrait is a good one:for tuesday, april 15th, the challenge is to provide a photo for the following caption:
"what was i thinking?!?"
c'mon, i know you ALL will have a great story to tell.
So, in reality I couldn't think of something real recent that I had to wonder what in tarnation I was doing. When I peeked at Neighbor Jane Payne's post prior to posting mine, I was reminded of this past Saturday when we were all working in the yard. I have no pictures from it though. If I did have a picture it would be of me with extremely itchy, watery, swollen eyes after trying my hand at the leaf blower/vacuumer. As I mentioned yesterday, it's a great device, but it took quite toll on my allergies. I know better and was actually mulling over the very question in my tiny brain, "What was I thinking?"
I have been going through pictures recently just seeing what we have, reliving memories, etc. I hadn't got to my jr high, high school or college pics yet. When I saw the question for this challenge however, I was immediately reminded of my 8th grade year.
That's me in the middle . . .
"what was i thinking?!?"
c'mon, i know you ALL will have a great story to tell.
So, in reality I couldn't think of something real recent that I had to wonder what in tarnation I was doing. When I peeked at Neighbor Jane Payne's post prior to posting mine, I was reminded of this past Saturday when we were all working in the yard. I have no pictures from it though. If I did have a picture it would be of me with extremely itchy, watery, swollen eyes after trying my hand at the leaf blower/vacuumer. As I mentioned yesterday, it's a great device, but it took quite toll on my allergies. I know better and was actually mulling over the very question in my tiny brain, "What was I thinking?"
I have been going through pictures recently just seeing what we have, reliving memories, etc. I hadn't got to my jr high, high school or college pics yet. When I saw the question for this challenge however, I was immediately reminded of my 8th grade year.
That's me in the middle . . .
"What was I thinking . . . when I chose that outfit?"
I must have been thinking that I was the coolest person alive! Those are Chuck Taylor All Star Converse original high tops in black, so that is pretty dang cool. But seriously . . . cut-off jean shorts with long johns underneath, super long shirt hanging out of my sweatshirt - that was on purpose I am sure. My socks do match my sweatshirt - that's always been important to me (seemingly)!
If that's not enough, here's a picture of my best friends and I posing on some one's crappy ford ranger truck. What I recall about this is that we did not know who the truck belonged to and we were the coolest for "sneaking" a pose on this strangers truck.
.jpg)
Wow, all the 6th & 7th graders at my school must have thought they could never be so cool OR really that us 8th graders were the biggest dorks ever!!!
PS - I still haven't got my growth spurt! I am sure I am an inch or two taller now than I was in 8th grade, but yep . . . it's true, typically my friends didn't have to shop in the petite section.
If that's not enough, here's a picture of my best friends and I posing on some one's crappy ford ranger truck. What I recall about this is that we did not know who the truck belonged to and we were the coolest for "sneaking" a pose on this strangers truck.
.jpg)
Wow, all the 6th & 7th graders at my school must have thought they could never be so cool OR really that us 8th graders were the biggest dorks ever!!!
PS - I still haven't got my growth spurt! I am sure I am an inch or two taller now than I was in 8th grade, but yep . . . it's true, typically my friends didn't have to shop in the petite section.
8 comments:
Oh man! That is a priceless past photo - fashion central! You know, we couldn't help it, that was what EVERYONE was wearing back then...and you were SOOO cool posing on the stranger's truck. Can you believe our mother's let us out of the house looking like the crazies we did? Too funny! Love the post...and the blog...mine is private, but I will share - courtneymilius@hotmail.com
Okay... I absolutely LOVE the photo of Jerry, you and Marti (at least I think that is Marti! :) Talk about bringing up the good ole days. Don't worry... I am sure that Marti and Jerry wouldn't exactly be proud of their fashion statement in the pic either! And trust me... I have a few doozies as well - the higher and wider the hair, the better. WHAT WERE WE THINKING??? :)
This is so funny, Tina. I especially love that you described the outfit or I would have missed the converses all together and some how they made it even funnier!
i had totally forgotten about wearing long johns under everything!! they were my favorite fashion accessory for a long time (that, and men's boxer shorts, MUCH to my mother's chagrin...)
i owned this look back in the day. and, you're right - matching socks were a must!
That's so funny.. I was at Ricks & wore Long Johns under everything, but because it was so stinking cold there for an AZ girl...
Love your pictures...
I'm sure you were totally cool at the time. Isn't it funny how fashions change, but they seem to comeback. Who knows maybe this look will be in style again!
Hilarious photo! The crazy thing though is that the whole legging thing has come back. See - you could have a second run and have the same look.
Tina -- I have completely forgotten about those pictures. WOW - weren't those the days. Jerry's hair is the best.
I hope you're doing well! Happy belated birthday. Stacy
Post a Comment