Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Oh the joys!

Posted by tina at 4/22/2008 08:32:00 PM
So, we have Gunnar in t-ball and boy is that pretty funny. A group of 12 or so five and six year olds running around like chickens with their heads cut off is definitely a site to see. Gunnar not only doesn't like his picture taken (I am sure I have mentioned that before), but for some reason he says he doesn't like hats. Well, Neil ALWAYS wears a hat, so I don't know how our son doesn't like them. Oh wait, the whining started before we even left because he all of a sudden decided that he wasn't going to go because he didn't know how to play a game and he was going to lose - blah, blah, blah. Just like most things with Gunnar, once he gets there doing whatever it is that he is refusing to do, he's fine. It's pretty typically. So, we made it to the field. He did wear the hat and looks pretty good too. It was pretty cold because of a slight breeze - OK it was pretty cold for a not-so-smart mom who went straight from work with work shoes and no chair or blanket!!! Yeah, my toes were frozen by the end. Gunnar got a little bored in the field. At one point, he was by 3rd base, kneeling facing the outfield, then he flopped over and was hunched in a ball on the ground. I really have no idea what he was doing. I didn't get a picture of that somehow. I had the camera and even the coach asked if I caught that one! The ball really only goes toward the pitching "mound" when they do hit it and so, the action is between the pitching mound and first base. I hope he makes it through the season. I hope I make it though the season. I think we have like 12 games or so. I am not sure what I was thinking letting him sign up for t-ball, but when they sent the notice home from school he was interested. They have track right now too and we didn't know about that or we might have tried that instead. Gunnar is a great runner and likes to race, so he might have liked that a little better. Oh well, t-ball is what we have, so we'll do our best to stick it out.
Gunnar reluctantly agrees to wear the ball cap - at least it's his favorite color. I could only imagine if it was something other than blue!
Here Gunnar shows pretty good throwing form. He can throw pretty well, actually.
This must have been right before he got completely bored and curled up in a ball.
Good form . . . for a 5-year old . . .
And he hits the ball! The next shots on the camera show him following through all the way around until he's about backwards!

And he gets tagged out . . . which so did EVERY kid. This other team was not encouraging team work and this kid grabbed the ball everytime and tagged every runner. Oh well. All kids bat and there's no outs anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ▼  April (6)
        • Funny Story (no SPT this week)
        • Oh the joys!
        • SPT: What was I thinking?
        • Picture update
        • SPT: If I had eyes in the back of my head . . .
        • Catch-up
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top