Lelly issued this challenge: we've all heard that *mom*-like expression: "i've got eyes in the back of my head" (usually delivered as some sort of warning.) do you ever wonder what you would see if you actually DID have eyes in the back of your head?? this week, the challenge is to look past the "self" in the self-portrait, and focus on what's going on behind you. this is a great opportunity to practice using those eyes in the back of your head!
I think that I took a little different spin on this challenge, although I haven't read anyone else's posts yet, so I don't really know if it's different or not.
Since my sister-in-law, Susan, got the easy self-portrait over the weekend at our family gathering,I had to come up with something else. Actually, Susan is always the one with the camera and so she was able to get her challenge done. She didn't steal the idea from me at all and I am thankful she is always documenting moments in her crazy photo snaping way! We don't always get the family together a lot anymore as the years go on, so it was great to have as many as we had there (several not there still) and the results were great - check them out on Susan's blog.
Sooooo, anyhoo . . . I have been thinking how to complete this challenge. I have a hard time taking my own photo with our camera because it's big (nice) and bulky. So, I thought maybe I could find a few photos of recent past that might work.
The challenge for me turned from "What's going on behind me?" to "What has gone on behind me?" As I looked through pictures, I found many things that are behind me:
~ Our old house - the yard full of weeds, the mud hole, the terrible carpet that showed everything, the smallness of our house, etc. I am so grateful for where we are now and I am happy to look back on the old house. Here's a couple of great pictures of the infamous mud hole. Good times.
I think that I took a little different spin on this challenge, although I haven't read anyone else's posts yet, so I don't really know if it's different or not.
Since my sister-in-law, Susan, got the easy self-portrait over the weekend at our family gathering,I had to come up with something else. Actually, Susan is always the one with the camera and so she was able to get her challenge done. She didn't steal the idea from me at all and I am thankful she is always documenting moments in her crazy photo snaping way! We don't always get the family together a lot anymore as the years go on, so it was great to have as many as we had there (several not there still) and the results were great - check them out on Susan's blog.
Sooooo, anyhoo . . . I have been thinking how to complete this challenge. I have a hard time taking my own photo with our camera because it's big (nice) and bulky. So, I thought maybe I could find a few photos of recent past that might work.
The challenge for me turned from "What's going on behind me?" to "What has gone on behind me?" As I looked through pictures, I found many things that are behind me:
~ Our old house - the yard full of weeds, the mud hole, the terrible carpet that showed everything, the smallness of our house, etc. I am so grateful for where we are now and I am happy to look back on the old house. Here's a couple of great pictures of the infamous mud hole. Good times.
~ Baby everything - I no longer have baby boys, I have big boys (well 5.5 yrs & 3 yrs). I ran into pictures of baby strollers, baby highchairs, baby swings, baby jumpers, baby bathtubs, baby bottles, baby binkies, baby carseats, baby cribs, baby bouncy chairs and babies in diapers! Just wanted to share a cute couple of them - it was hard to pick though.
~ Naked kids - It is quite amazing how many hundreds of pictures I have of the boys with only their diaper, pull-up, or underwear on. Gunnar, now that he is older, has to wear clothes most of the time; we don't let him run around "nakey" as he used to love. Paden hasn't been into "nakey" as Gunnar was when he was little. So, most pictures have Gunnar "nakey" and Paden with clothes. Too funny.
~ 20 pounds - yep I lost 20 pounds that I had gained during my 2nd pregnancy. So, that's good and it's been a while since I lost it and I have maintained a better weight/health since and it's been good. Although because of my height, my Body Mass Index (BMI) still says I am overweight - what is with the BMI anyway, it just doesn't seem accurate still. But, I am good for now - compared to this, I am good:

~Age 30 - turing age 30 didn't seem to phase me all that much, but coming up on 32 is starting to weird me out. Since my neices and nephews are growing up and getting married and having babies, that is starting make me feel older. I feel like I should be 27 - that was a good age!
What I found behind me the most is A LOT of FANTABULOUS, SPECTACULAR, WONDERFUL MEMORIES! What's behind me most of the time currently is my boys! Everytime I turn around, there they are!!! I love them and I am glad they are always there, even if it means they get stepped on and poked in the eye - hey maybe they shouldn't follow so closely! :)


5 comments:
Fun to look at what's behind you!
Way to go on losing the baby weight- thats an accomplishment!
i really love where you went with this challenge! lots of great things behind you, and many, many great things ahead of you, too!
Great SPT - it's so fun to go back & see pictures of the kids when they were little & into everything...
Great job at losing the weight & keeping it off...
Great way to do the challenge! I love all the pictures you put up too! Perfect!
bmi is just a index , if it says you are overweight do care about it a little and have balanced food and diet
Post a Comment