Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

SPT: Move it, put it away, throw it out already!

Posted by tina at 2/05/2008 08:33:00 PM
Lelly's challenge this week is certainly fantastic, as always!

Fill in the blanks:
the other day, i was in my _____________, and i noticed this _______________. my only thought was, "why do i still have this hanging around my house?!?"

I have been thinking about this for a couple days and rackin' my brain. Not that I do not have many things lying around that need to go, it's just that they are in a HUGE, GIANT, ENORMOUS pile in the garage.

So, I was thinking . . . I know I still have my most favorite brown corduroy maternity pants that ripped the seem before my last pregancy was over - how dare they rip like that!! I think I had like two months to go (yeah, I think I gained a few too many lbs that go around!) So my son turns THREE next week - why in the world would i still need these pants? No reason. I do know they must be burried in the garage someplace. That was the first thing that popped in my mind on this challenge, but no such luck finding the pants at this juncure. I am not sure why I am still hung up on these pants in the first place. Why was that the first idea I had? Weird!

Side note: So, let me explain the piles of piles in the garage. We moved about two months ago in our new house. We have done really well at only bringing stuff we really needed into the house. We have several boxes - we're talkin' those tall wardrobe boxes - of yard sale material. We have taken much to the curb for the nice folks at waste management to remove for us. We have done well at getting rid of CRAP we don't need! However, we still have much CRAP we don't need in the garage and our goal is to deal with in in the spring when it's warmer and we can have the yard sale. My husband keeps thinking he's going to sell some of the bigger stuff on Craig's List before the yard sale, but we can't seem to clean a spot big enought to take a picture of the items to get them online to sell. That's pretty bad! I did take a picture of the garage, but as I was walking up the stairs to the computer, my husband sheepishly asked why I took the camera to the garage. So, I think I have elected not to air that "dirty laundry".

I did find several other things lying around that need to be "dealt with".

I was walking through the kitchen and thought why do we still have this sitting here?

We had to do a project that required the use of this handy saw thing, but the cutting wood part of the project has been done about three weeks, I think! We only need to paint and put trim on. Definitely don't need a saw of this sort in the kitchen area. But it does belong in the garage, so that doesn't exactly fit the theme.

However, I was walking through/cleaning the family room when I saw this
and my only thought was why do I still have this hanging around my house? Really, why? Can you even guess what this is? This is a Play Station 2. Somehow we ended up with 2 of these obsolete Play Station 2 devices. One we had been using as a DVD player in the boys room until it got pulled off the shelf and broke (that was probably around August it broke, I'm pretty sure it made the move with us to our new house, but was tossed during the initial unpacking). The other we actually had used for a little Guitar Hero gaming. So, a couple of weeks ago, my hubby decides he's needing to play Guitar Hero and so he digs out the one remainig PS2 and hooks it all up - NOT WORKING. So, he takes it all apart and tries to fix it. No such luck, so there it sat on the floor in the family room, until today when I moved it to the landing of the stairs to photograph it. He drove an hour the next day to find a replacement gaming system. I know he wants something more than the old PS2, but I just frown on the idea, so he hasn't gotten a different one yet. But he finds a $70 refurbished PS2 and buys it. Gets it home and it doesn't work. Drives back the next day to return it and buys the new PS2 which was not much more than the refurbished one. So, now we still have the obsolete PS2, but we did end up with Guitar Hero 3 thanks to left over money on a gift card! Phew! That was a long story. I guess sometimes I just need to tell the details.


And lastly, there's this in my bedroom . . .


When we moved into the house, there was a nice large square mirror in one of the bedrooms, we put the boys in that room. We finally decided to start painting around the house, so about three weeks ago or so we started taping off that room (I will be posting about that adventure this week). We took down the mirror and there it sits in our room. Then, about two weeks ago we painted the downstairs bathroom and took down the mirror in there to paint. So, there the oval mirror sits in the room with the square mirror and I have no mirror in the downstairs bathroom! I don't like the oval mirror and we'll eventually put the square one in the bathroom after I peel off the decals off the corners - just not my style. Until then, I have a great view of my feet, I mean isn't that why we need mirrors?
Labels: self portrait Tuesdays

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny.

Remember how we've lived in this house for ten years and I still have ugly blinds in my room from the people that lived here before us.

You have a few years left.

10:22 PM, February 05, 2008
Unknown said...

i think you're doing a fantastic job of settling into a house after only two months. however, since we don't really know what the garage looks like...

nice mirror shot!

6:54 AM, February 06, 2008
Leslie said...

You know I love purging all things unnecessary. However, I'm not the quickest at it myself. We often have stuff that sits around for months (I actually have a couple of boxes in my office area right now that have been here since before Christmas ready to ebay). So at least you are on the right track. Sometimes it just takes a few months, or years as Susan said, lol.

8:20 AM, February 06, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ▼  February (9)
        • Student of the Month
        • SPT(W)
        • Daily Walk
        • Week in Reveiw
        • Lessons I Learned While Painting
        • Rocker, Pirate and a 'lil something for the Living...
        • Request for Pictures
        • SPT: Move it, put it away, throw it out already!
        • What are you grateful for?
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top