Geesh, it's been kind of a long stretch of a week or more! Been kinda busy, but I wanted to at least recap what's been keep us busy, starting with our baby turning 3!
2/15 - Paden's THIRD birthday. We had a somewhat quiet day. Grandma and Grandpa Livingston came to visit. They came bearing gifts for the birthday boy, which he opened before I got home, but that's ok. He loved his gifts. One is the Fisher-Price Digital Arts & Crafts Studio. It's pretty cool. He also got some new books and he wanted a new Ben 10 watch, so we went the day before to let him pick out his own gift from us. We had some friends over for cake (forgot the ice cream). Paden was a little cranky and had a meltdown. It was quite the evening. Check out pics on www.deadrockcrew.shutterfly.com.
2/16 - Cleaned the garage & took the boys & dog for a walk. It was a pretty nice, warm day out. Our garage NEEDED to be cleaned and organized. Neil had broken his RC monster truck and needed some help fixing it, so he went up to the Tri-cities to the hobby store to get help putting it back together. The boys played outside and I cleaned the garage. I was dog-tired after that! It was great though. I think I got most of the yard-sale boxes out to the shed. We have FOUR wardrobe boxes (those nearly 5ft tall ones), plus about 4 smaller boxes of yard sale stuff. Hopefully we make some good money in the spring with those treasures!
2/17 - Not sure anything really happened out of the ordinary on Sunday.
2/18 - HOLIDAY! It was a holiday for school and work, so we had previously decided we would go on an adventure. We thought about the aquarium, but it's pretty far. So, we decided on the Oregon Musuem of Science and Industry in Portland. It was REALLY cool. Check out their web site. We spent 5 or 6 hours there. It started to get crowded. We left our house at about 7:30am, which was so miraculous for us! :) So, we got there and it wasn't too busy in the morning, but there was a lot of peopel there. We think we'll go back on a Friday when our kids don't have school, but Portland schools will be in school, so maybe it won't be as busy. We all had a great time! Pictures are on ShutterFly.
2/19 - I had to go to a career fair at Oregon State University in Corvalis, which is like 4.5 hours from our house! I went into work a little after 5am to finish up some copies that I didn't finish on Friday since I was in a hurry to get home for Paden's birthday. Anyway, it was a long day at OSU, to say the least. I think I got home between 8:30pm and 9:00pm. (We got home about 9:00pm on Monday too after our OMSI adventure!)
2/20 - Had to get up early to go administer employee surveys at work. Our grave shift at one location was getting off at 6am and 7am, so had to catch them. Did two survey groups in the afternoon and came home about 4pm. Went for a walk at the park with the boys and dog. The park is awesome for walking, except the goose poop! Rushed home to cook dinner for the missionaries - steak, twice baked potatoes and broccoli. Luckily for us, they came at 6pm instead of 5:30pm, like we thought they were. Dinner was great and crazy with our kids, as always!
2/21 - Had to get up early again to do more employee surveys. Had to sharpen more pencils for bigger groups at our main location. Fun stuff! Got home, went for a walk with the boys and dog! Actual fun stuff!
2/22 - DID NOT GO TO WORK EARLY, yeah. Took Gunnar to school. Worked 4 hours. Came home. Took Paden to doctor for three-year check-up. Was surprised at how quickly that went and not sure I was satisfied with it or not. Good to be quick, but the doc didn't really spend any time with Paden checking him out. Our old pediatrician would talk to the kids, ask us questions about different stuff developmentally, etc. The guy we went to yesterday basically checked eyes, ears, nose, legs and said see ya in a year! I need to get his shot records and make sure he's current. I forgot to bring them since it's a new doc, they don't have them! Duh! So, that was weird. Anyway, went to Wal*Mart to buy Paden's birthday present from Grandma Pam with the puppies - a Thomas couch. She sent us the money rather than sending the couch, to save on postage! :-) We came back to pick up Gunnar from school. Neil had a craving for Chinese food. No good Chinese food around our area, so I suggested PF Chang's China Bistro - newly opened location in Kennewick. We headed there right after we picked up Gunnar. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD. The boys were pretty good for being in a nicer sit-down restaurant. We went to Baskin Robbins, then Hastings, then home. We should have went to see our friends, the Perez family, but we forgot we left the dog outside and he spoiled and has short hair, so we thought we should get home. We will make better plans next time to go see them though! (Sorry, Carrie!)
That brings us to today. I HAVE TO DO LAUNDRY. Notice I did not mention any housework all week! My wonderful husband did do many dished and floor scrubbing the last couple of days. THANK YOU. I normally do the dishes every night after dinner, but I did not do my part! Anyway, we are on it today. There's not a lot to clean, just the family room and LAUNDRY!!!
TTFN!
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
2 comments:
I so wondered about PF Chang's. I mean, China Bistro! Those are definitely not two words you hear together very much. Now I really want to go there!
I heard about Padey's birthday from Mom, it sounded so much like a toddler birthday! I'm a little nostalgic. I loved the pics too. What a funny boy.
I'm so in awe of how much you and Neil just take off and go do stuff. It is the only thing I wish would have done more of, just taking off and doing something as a family. Good job!!
Sooooo glad to hear about PF Chang's. I've wanted to try it. Thanks for posting about it.
You had one very, extremely, incredibly productive week!
Post a Comment