So, in the last 3 weeks, we have moved out of our house, as the previous post talks about. We are mostly settled in the new house. We are staying in a place temporarily until our house sells. The place is an old house on the corner of a field. It's a nice short 2 mintue drive to work. The house is really funky and old. It's livable. No AC, only window units which if there's too much electronics on in the house, it trips the breaker. The electrical is a little less than perfect, let's just say.
Well . . . so, we have been keeping busy. We went to see my parents on Hood Canal. So, I have some pics to share today. The tides were really good and we had a good time. The boys had a good time playing on the beach looking at all the baby crabs and snails. There was a ton of oysters. Neil had his first oyster harvesting experience. He's been crabbing before, but not oysters.
It's been pretty hot here, so I did brave they water park with the boys one day. Don't need details about that.
We went to the annual PIG OUT with my grandparents and parents. Every year some friends of my grandparents have a big potluck where they cook a pig in the ground. There's some people that are our age that have a daughter that is 6 months older than Gunnar. She and Gunnar get along really well. They had a great time. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures - not sure why. Actually, I think the reason is that I had a head cold or something and I was pretty lazy and lathargic.
The boys have been wanting a dog, so we started looking around for Boxer puppies. We wanted two puppies. We got nickle saver papers from all over the state. We found some puppies. They run between $350 and $550. So, that's a little out of our price range at this juncture. We called the Humane Society and they put us on a list for Boxer puppies. They called us while we were at the Pig Out. It had only been a little over a week since we called them. So, then last Monday, I had to take Paden in to the doctor for his constant runny nose. We went into the Humane Society to check out the boxers they had in. Well, they weren't puppies. They had one Fawn female and one Brindle male. The male was nice and calm and didn't bark or jump or anything. So, we took him outside to run around. He's house broken and is already trained for sit, stay, etc. He's a nice looking and well behaved dog. So, we decided to get him. His name is Max. Well, we went into pay for him. He wasn't neutered, so we couldn't bring him home that day. He went to the vet Tues morning. They called us to say he has Kennel Cough and couldn't have his "surgery". So, he's still at the Humane Society on antibiotics. Once he's better, he'll go back to the Vet for his neutering, THEN we can bring him home. Gunnar was REALLY sad that we couldn't bring Max home. He was crying, but trying not to - it was really cute. So, it's been hard for Gunnar. Paden doesn't seem to really know what the difference is with or without the dog. So, once Max comes home, I'll get some pictures posted. I think he's going to be a good dog and playmate for the boys.
So, Neil and Gunnar went camping Friday night. They had an excellent time. I have to get some pictures from our friends since Neil didn't take any pictures - well I don't think they took our camera.
Anyway, I guess I should get my pictures posted and get off this computer. We've got stuff to do - ALWAYS!!
Neil & Gunnar walking out to the water.
Papa showing Paden a baby crab.
Paden with his "catch" - a baby crab.
Neil opening his oyster to eat raw. - Yep he did it.
No comments:
Post a Comment