So, today the house officially went on the market for sale. We had been packing and everything this weekend, just kind of going at a comfortable, non stressful pace. We got a couple of loads over to our other place and visited with family & friends. Then, today I stayed home from work because we had a lot to do before Tuesday. Tuesday is when the realtor comes through with his office agents to show it. Then Wednesday he has an open house for all real estate agencies to come through. So, we thought we had some time to get stuff done today. The realtor came by about 12pm or so to put up the sign and take a picture for the listing. So, we are cleaning out every room and making sure it's all showable. At about 2:30pm, we left the boys with the neighbor girl who is a friend of ours (her parents too) and we went to talk to the guy about our loan for the new place. We went to Wal*Mart to get a new towel bar and the stopper things for behind the doors since ours were starting to punch holes in the walls. We then went across the way to Home Depot to look for mis-tinted paint to paint the poles that are on the boys' shade deal outside. So, we're looking at paint - it's about 4:40pm and we get a call that someone wants to come look at the house tonight at 7pm! Yikes. We called back to the house to see if the sitter could help get things cleaned up. It was still quite a mess with everything piled in the kitchen and garbage sacks everywhere! Bless her little heart, she had already started. She always cleans for us when she comes! Anyway, so we got our $5.00 gallon of mis-tinted paint which we had added some black to in order to make gray. We rushed back to the house which then left us about 1 hour and 45 mintues to finish clearing out the house. That was CRAZY! I piled clothes into bags and shoved them in my trunk. I was just crazy clearning out all the junk we had been trying to be somewhat organized about. I was frantically cleaning the bathrooms. The sitter was still here, so I was directing her what to help with. My sis-in-law was in town taking my niece to the denist and they already stopped by to drop off the rug shampooer and had agreed to come back by to pick up all the outside toys for us to take them to the other house. So, she hadn't shown up by 6pm, so I called her to hurry up and get back! She & my niece arrived, picked up all the totally muddy trucks from outside and helped clean up the inside. Phew! We made it - at 6:50pm, we rolled out of the house. The people were actually already sitting outside, but their agent wasn't. Anyway, we went to get food at Taco Del Mar. It took long enough that we came home to eat it and as I was finishing eating we got ANOTHER call to show the house tomorrow night. Also, the girl who was helping us at Taco Del Mar was interested in the house. She took my name and number, so hopefully she calls too! That's three people in the first 7 hours on the market! That is outrageous. I think we have it priced pretty well for around here - cheaper than a lot of other places. Maybe we should have tried for a couple more thousand - no wait, I am really trying to not be greedy with it. We are going to do pretty well on the place, so we should be able to pay off the car and a credit card, then still have plenty of money to put down on the next place. Ok, I am exhausted and need to sleep. I am totally rambling and my world is kind of in a fast paced spin right now. It's making me dizzy, really!
So, that's the update. I am glad we decided to get out of the house by this coming weekend to just have it empty to show so we don't have to do the scramble every time. Although there's not much to make a mess with anymore! The house looks pretty nice when it's all empty!! I should have de-junked and de-cluttered LONG ago!
So, that's the update. I am glad we decided to get out of the house by this coming weekend to just have it empty to show so we don't have to do the scramble every time. Although there's not much to make a mess with anymore! The house looks pretty nice when it's all empty!! I should have de-junked and de-cluttered LONG ago!
2 comments:
Good luck and I hope it sells super fast! That would so great!
I just went through all that last fall. I feel your pain, I really do. My favorite is when they come, look at the house, and then go off into a corner and whisper forever, and then come out with stern looks on their faces.
Post a Comment