Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Where the heck have I been?

Posted by Anonymous at 6/04/2007 07:30:00 PM
Well, I have not really felt the bloggin' fever lately, so I just went on a vacation from it. I am not sure I am ready to come back from vacation yet, but I thought I would post an update so that you all don't think I am dead!! :-)

We've had a busy last several weeks and have gone from let's save next year's tax return to change the floor and paint in the house to our house is going on the market this week. So, last night we met with a real estate agent and discussed the plan of action. We'll be signing on with the agent on Wednesday. We have a few things to do to get the house ready. Tuesday, we'll be starting with the outside of the house - weeds, weeds & more weeds. I started on them this weekend and last weekend, but didn't get very far. We have to pack up all of our precious junk that we don't need and put it in some sort of storage. Then, we'll be spending this week & next just trying to get out. We want to get some stuff out this weekend in case anyone really wants to come see it soon. Then by next weekend, we'll hopefully be all the way out - then we'll do major cleaning on the inside. It will be easier to show if we're not here. There's too much sandy mud with my kids here, so it's just impossible to keep the house in impecable showing condition.

I am torn a little about the move. We've decided to move to another town closer to where I work. So, that's great. We've made many good friends here, so that's sad to leave them. I like the town we're in - there's many great things about it - except the housing prices and we'll never be able to afford a bigger house in this area. We need a bigger house, this one has been good, but getting pretty crammed as the boys grow bigger. We want a little more land to roam around on.

Neil's made choices about careers for himself - changing careers that is, so that's been sad too. Many dollars and hours spent on an education that didn't result in the job he wanted and has wanted for his entire life. I guess we have to come to grips with the fact that Heavenly Father might have other plans for us. That's been hard!

So, it's been kind of strange the last couple days to think that we're actually leaving this house. We thought it'd never happen. We don't quite have our new place worked out yet, so we'll be in a temporary place for a while, but the housing market now should bring us a great price for the house, so we decided not to wait. I am just looking around wondering where to start!!!

Ok, well - TTFN - I doubt I will be back to blogging for a while. Where we're going, we're going to have to go wireless which isn't a big deal, just an expense that might have to wait for a while. We might be able to get DSL or something in the interim - we'll see. I don't forsee having a lot of time for computer use in the next three weeks or so.

Oh, wait - funny story about Paden. Last Thursday, he cried and cried when we dropped Gunnar off with the sitter who was taking him to preschool for me. Paden wanted to go to preschool. He even had his back pack with him with his "share" for preschool. It was too cute. So, he's crying pretty much all the way until I dropped him off - 40 mintues later. Ok, keep in mind, Paden just turned two on Feb 15th. So, after work, Paden and I are on our way home and he brought it up again that he wanted to go to preschool. I told him he can't wear diapers to preschool. We got home and I was getting him out of the car and he said again he wanted to go and I again told him not in diapers. So, he said, "OK!" So, he comes in the house and takes off his own diaper, goes and gets a pair of underwear out of his dresser drawer and put them on. Pretty crazy. He did sleep for 3 nights without wetting the bed, but then last night he did wet the bed and I knew he was going to because he refused to go before bed. I made him sit there, but he didn't make himself go and about 2am, he came in my room and he was wet! But, I think he's getting there, so that's exciting! The disappointing thing is that I can't really use the preschool bribe because even if he doesn't wear diapers, he's still not old enough to go to preschool. The one Gunnar is in is for 3-5 year olds. Since we are moving, he won't go there anyway. I guess I can see if there's any programs around for 2 & 1/2 year olds - he'll be 2 & 1/2 when the next school year starts, so it could be problematic for him that he still can't go. He really, really wants to.

Ok - really gotta go now - it's already 8pm! Yikes!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I was wondering what the heck happened to you guys! That's exciting (in a sad but happy way, too) that you are going to be selling your house. Troy said you might move over here! Is that the town you were talking of? How cool would that be?!! But I know what you mean about EW. We loved that town and ward so much and really felt at home there.

8:06 AM, June 05, 2007
Unknown said...

good luck!!

9:27 AM, June 06, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ▼  June (2)
        • House For Sale
        • Where the heck have I been?
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top