Cherry blossoms come first followed by peaches & apricots, then pears & apples! I love fruit. I love that I live in an area that is surrounded by much agriculture. I live near lots of fruit orchards (fewer than when I first moved here, sadly) and there are also lots of wheat fields nearby. I work 30 minutes away in an area full of row crops, vineyards, orchards, hay fields, etc. It's so fabulous! I saw Neighbor Jane Payne's post about asparagus and I love that too! Soon, my favorite produce stand will be opening up with their first product - ASPARAGUS!! I never knew I liked asparagus until I moved here. We have a great recipe for pickling that is so yummy. We use it on asparagus, even though it's for making pickles. It's from the Food Network - Good Eats w/ Alton Brown (my hubby's kitchen hero!). I love fresh fruit & veggies though - all of it. I am not much on canned goods - all fresh. I used to work in an apple shed (HR dept of 1, me!) and after that I couldn't even buy an apple in the store! Fresh from the tree is the only way to go! We have found our favorite places for buying each product along our journeys - we know who has the best (in our opinion) bing cherries, rainier cherries, apples, peaches, etc. for the best price.I I love the farmer's market too. We love buying fresh ingredients for salsa making! It's so outstanding I can hardly wait for fresh fruit & veggie season!! It was so wonderful on my drive to/from work to see the first orchards blooming! It's really gorgeous when there's lots in bloom. I have been trying to keep an eye out for a great local to snap shots of an entire orchard in bloom.Another great sight and sign that spring is here is brown turning to green!! For example:

The nearby golf course is filled with huge weeping willow trees and all of sudden they are green and not just the brown branches waving in the wind. I was quite amazed that I did not see one golfer when I stopped to take the pics. I thought for sure I would see at least one person taking advantage of the beautiful day. I think it was a little breezy, so that could have deterred them.Oh the joy of spring. Hopefully, my younger son will stop getting sick. He's come down with a cough again today/tonight. I can tell it's going to be a rough night for both of us and he'll end up in my bed without me noticing or remembering. It's not all bad since we run a humidifier in our room at night and he could probably benefit from it. ARGH! Sleeping with a 2-year old is not restful; he's wiggly and kicks quite a bit. Ok, that's a whole other subject that's not as cheery as talking about spring, so not going to go there! :)
3 comments:
tina, i love the photo of the flower buds! i will be back to continue reading your post (as i scanned through, alton brown jumped out at me...) i'll be back!
Wow - your blog looks so cool! I almost thought I had clicked on the wrong link and it was someone else's. It was so fun to have you all over the other day! Can't wait to do it again and also go to our sb retreat!!!
What beautiful pictures, I especially love the first weeping willow tree. There are so many textures.
Post a Comment