Last Thursday, we left to go to Salt Lake City for my nephew's wedding. We stayed in Boise on Thursday (Meredian actually) and on Friday we drove the rest of the way. We stopped in Ogden at this historical site:
Self Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday & more
Posted by
Anonymous
at
3/14/2007 11:44:00 AM
I was SOOOOO sick yesterday, I couldn't get off the couch. I thought I was fine and I got up and took a shower and got dressed for work. I felt a little stuffy and lots of pressure in my head. Work would be quieter than staying at home with the boys, but as the morning went on, it got worse. I decided to stay home and I am glad I did. By 11:30am, I was hurting so bad, I really couldn't move. My head hurt, I had a fever, my body ached - it was BAD. Neil was working and the boys were being pretty good just watching TV and destroying the house! I still feel sick today - better - but my head still hurts quite a bit. I just got up to eat something and thought I would try to do a little reading. My eyes are kind of buggin' out right now, but I am going to just power through!
It's a really cool place. The John M Browning museum is there, which is my husband's favorite place in the world. It's cool - I am just not into guns as much as he is. There's also a train museum. This day, we pulled up to the parking lot and there were about 7 school buses! There were kids everywhere!!! There was a gem show there too and I am not sure if the kids were there for that or not. We went to the Browning Museum, then made our way back to the Train Museum. It was locked. We found someone who was in charge and she said that the guy that works there went home early because he didn't want to deal with all the kids, but she let us in - we were the ONLY people there. A couple minutes later, the next shift worker for the museum showed up and turned on the model trains. It's a pretty cool museum. Outside, they have real trains that you can climb up on - there's no controls on them anymore, but it's still pretty neat. So, I had my hubby take this picture of me & the boys for my assignment for self-portrait Tuesday at a historical site. Sorry, it's not in my town, but it's the best I could do for now. I thought there was going to be more train in the pic, but that's ok! The weather was nice - short sleeves and capri pants!! Love it!
Labels:
self portrait Tuesdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
1 comment:
i am bummed that you were so sick, but hopefully you're on the mend.
kudos to the person who let you into the museum. i would have loved being there in the quiet!! that's a great photo of all of you.
Post a Comment