Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Self Portrait Tuesday Challenge

Posted by Anonymous at 3/20/2007 08:26:00 PM
I tell you what . . . Lelly came up with a good one for this week! This really was a challenge. It's also a challenge for me that I don't post until Tuesday night - next time maybe I will try for putting mine up on Monday night. At any rate, I really don't have a good luck charm that I could think of. I also don't adorn myself with St. Patrick's Day garb, so I was really struggling with what to post. This is what I decided on . . .


I am never without my rings. I usually only wear two - wedding ring on left and CTR ring on right. However, since my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer (back in the summer I think), I have been supporting breast cancer research in any way I can. So, now I always wear my pink ribbon "Cure 4 Life" ring. I have pink ribbon pens and key chains, as well as a pink ribbon I made for my diaper bag (which has served as a dual purpose since I bought the same diaper bag my niece has - yep I copied her - it's the cutest bag, had to have ie). Anyway, where I work, I can wear jewelery, but I have to take it all off if I have to go inside the processing plant, so I don't wear anything by my rings. I set up a breast cancer awareness day at work in October and we raised about $400, so I was pretty pleased. I think of my grandma often and I am grateful that she is recovering well because of all of the millions of supporters to the breast cancer research. Luckily for her, they caught it early and she should be fine. She is in her early 70s, so it did wipe her out - all the chemotherapy and radiation. She seems to be doing fine and there's no signs so far that there's any cancer left. So, I guess the closest thing I have to a good luck charm is my pink ribbon ring (along with all other pink ribbon stuff I have purchased). There's a couple of great web sites if you are interested in learning more about breast cancer and research/support. www.komen.org - The Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Also www.25komen.org - the site for the 25th anniversary of the foundation - there's some great stuff on both of these sites - information for you to keep healthy and educated about cancer. I previsouly posted about breast cancer awareness and put some quick facts from the web - you can check it out here.
My challenge to you . . .Will you commit to educating yourself about breast cancer and check out the web site www.komen.org? Will you commit to sharing the information with your friends and family? It's worth the time and effort! :-)

Labels: breast cancer awareness, self portrait Tuesdays

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tina, thanks for sharing so much information on your blog. i'm gald that your grandmother is winning her battle! i've never seen the rings before, only the bracelets.

my sister was married in october, and her bridal party luncheon fell on Lee National Denim day (another great fundraising opp.) we decorated with pink and denim, and everyone wore pink and denim! we had a table set aside for anyone who wanted to make donations. it was a great day!

7:14 AM, March 21, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ▼  March (6)
        • The Ultimate Sign of SPRING!!
        • Our little photographer . . .
        • Self Portrait Tuesday Challenge
        • Talk about GOOD mail . . .
        • Self Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday & more
        • Mirror, Mirror . . . oh how I loathe thee . . .
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top